LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

383 stroker

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 10:48 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 383 stroker

I am building a 383 stroker and would like to get the most possible power while still keeping it a daily driver. what would yall suggest for heads, cam, rods, pistons, crank, everything? all i have is the block. keep in mind this is going in a '95 Impala ss and i am going to be spraying it with about a 150 of nitrous. thank you in advance for all advice
Old 01-12-2007, 08:01 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You are on the wrong forum, the Impalassforum.com would be of more help.
Yes the engine is the same but here you will get a lot of answers about cams way too large and such.

For the heads and cam Advanced Induction ported GM aluminum heads and a cam speced by them is working VERY well for me on a stock shortblock sofar. There are a lot of stroker Impalas that can not match the performance I have some of them with aftermarket casting heads even.

For the rotating assembly the one on my wishlist is the Callies Compstar Speedpack. Complete balanced rotating assembly with Mahle pistons, should easily take everything a street car will throw at it for WHEN you decide to put the bigger jets in.

Depending on the shop you use to build the shortblock it is common to have issues getting shops to run enough compression in the LT1 unless they have experiance with it already. Stock iron head motor is 10:1 runs on 87 octane, stock aluminu m head motor is 10.4, LT1 was 10.8 both of those on 91 octane. It is downright common for built LT1s to exceed 11.5 for street use, make sure you use a shop that understand s this.