LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 Headers & Dual-Cat Y-pipe Package

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 11:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 Headers & Dual-Cat Y-pipe Package

Hey guys Im in the market for a header setup. Im going with a 2" drop. What thinks you guys of the following setup. LT1 Headers & Dual-Cat Y-pipe Package. Its the fourth one down. Lt1 package obviosly.
http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...&vid=4&pcid=52

Any thoughts on price, clearance, performance, overall value? Thanks!

edit: I was also considering the possibility of this package.
http://www.lmperformance.com/7322/2.html

Im thinking that the mac design cant be too much greater because its the same design. and the y-pipe looks terrible for flow.

Or do you think my best bet is buying some mid headers, and getting a custom y-pipe fabbed up with dual cats at a shop. I would keep the stock cats. Keep in mind ground clearnace is crucial. Anyone have a clue on price for that.

So what does everyone think on this subject??

Last edited by Lt14mla; 01-13-2007 at 12:10 AM.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Well I dont know about midlengths but my longtubes scrap pretty bad occasionally on the collector flange, so I cant imagine how bad it would scrap dropped.

Honestly I would go for the Kooks headers if you are going to spend that much anyway. They are great quality and should perk up your performance very much so

As far as quality, I havent heard to much about either company to give any solid advice
Old 01-13-2007, 12:15 AM
On The Tree

Never had headers with a two-inch drop but I have a buddy with the AS&M set-up and quality is AMAZING. Very expensive, but you get what you pay for, and it comes with good gaskets and bolts so it's all inclusive.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:23 AM
Launching!

I have long tubes with a drop. not bad, but my shocks are blown so they hit on really big speed bumps. Other than that i dont have any problems.
Old 01-13-2007, 11:01 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Lt14mla
Hey guys Im in the market for a header setup. Im going with a 2" drop. What thinks you guys of the following setup. LT1 Headers & Dual-Cat Y-pipe Package. Its the fourth one down. Lt1 package obviosly.
http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog...&vid=4&pcid=52

Any thoughts on price, clearance, performance, overall value? Thanks!

edit: I was also considering the possibility of this package.
http://www.lmperformance.com/7322/2.html

Im thinking that the mac design cant be too much greater because its the same design. and the y-pipe looks terrible for flow.

Or do you think my best bet is buying some mid headers, and getting a custom y-pipe fabbed up with dual cats at a shop. I would keep the stock cats. Keep in mind ground clearnace is crucial. Anyone have a clue on price for that.

So what does everyone think on this subject??
Hey, boss, I'm selling some headers.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts-sale/639045-lt1-headers-stuff-sale.html
Old 01-13-2007, 11:27 AM
TECH Resident

i'm using Pacesetter LT's and a Pacesetter Y with a 2" drop. I love it. Glad i didnt go with mids, i made some crazy nice tq. with my bolt ons.( 314/351 untuned). I like the slip fit Y with the nice stainless band clamps, less to worry about draging the ground.

kinda a older pics but this is when i got my LT's. You can see the Y or the headers due to the sub frames but you get the idea of the clearance with a 2" drop
Old 01-13-2007, 11:28 AM
TECH Resident

Last edited by DroppedM6Z; 01-13-2007 at 02:39 PM.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

im thinkin im just gonna get pacesetter LT's with there y-pipe. 557 shipped on ebay. pretty good deal. too much money for the other ish.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:35 PM
TECH Resident

many people will dog the pace setters because they are cheaper "budget" header, but when your looking for bang for the buck they are the way to go. Their old flange used to be the issue and leak but they have fixed that problem since. i've had mine for two years and they are a perfect fit and with the Mr gasket Ultra seals and a set of Stage 8 locking bolts, i've never touched them since they were on. My opinion is by a good set of ARP or stage 8 bolt, the ones that come with the headers are junk. The LAST think you want is a broken head bolt stuck in your Alum. heads. Also, percy's gaskets are great if u wanna spend alittle more.

BTW.....love the bird!
Old 01-13-2007, 03:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks mang, i cant wait till spring so i can work on it. what kind of gaskets should i go with, i heard the ones that come with the pacesetters are junk. definitly getting some stage 8 bolts tho.
Old 01-13-2007, 03:44 PM
TECH Resident

thanks mang, i cant wait till spring so i can work on it. what kind of gaskets should i go with, i heard the ones that come with the pacesetters are junk. definitly getting some stage 8 bolts tho.
Mr gasket ultra Seal's. The AutoZone by my house sells them off the shelf for 21.00 or you can order them from where ever you get your bolts. I suggest Summitracing.com
Old 01-13-2007, 03:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

anyone got an idea of price for getting a custom y fabbed up using my stock cats. prolly gonna go pacesetter headers.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:05 PM
TECH Resident

anyone got an idea of price for getting a custom y fabbed up using my stock cats. prolly gonna go pacesetter headers.
i'd go ahead and get the PS Y and just have then added to it. Be easier than having one built if you ask me.
Old 01-13-2007, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Get some copper or dead soft aluminum gaskets,

Those Pacesetters are good for the money, the flanges are actually thicker than the Hookers. The only complaint I have heard is the Ceramic coating peeling after a short period of time, But I really think you will like the long tube performance
Old 01-13-2007, 05:27 PM
TECH Addict

I'm selling Stage 8's.

Quick Reply: LT1 Headers & Dual-Cat Y-pipe Package