LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Better Sound

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 09:08 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Better Sound

I have eldabrock mid legnth headers, y pipe, no cat, and a flowmaster thats about 7 years old and sounds gutted out. Its really sounds like crap low rpms because all the poping...but on the other hand it sounds great when your really beating on the car.
I am wanting to change the sound of the car. Give me some suggestions. I want it loud without all the popping! I was thinking about dynamax bullet with turn down. But I am open to any suggestion. I really want the car to sound great for when I install my cam next month!
Old 01-17-2007, 10:02 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMHO, running any exhaust under the car is going to sound like crap because it is staying under the car and bouncing off the car and ground. I would run a Borla muffler with a single exit out the back. It will be quiet at idle and cruise but sound really good at WOT.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:07 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My flows are out the back and I really don't like it. I love the borla, but the muffler is alittle pricey so soon to a cam swap!
Old 01-17-2007, 10:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

dumping the exhaust under the car is going to get you a lot of popping and resonance. it makes the under side of your car look horrible. and not to mention it is just way too loud.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:18 AM
12 Second Club

i got a magnaflow catbac on my car and previosuly had a flowmaster. sound pretty close except the magnaflow has a deeper tone and is a little more refined
Old 01-17-2007, 01:18 PM
TECH Regular

True duals sound badass but I dont think they are worth it. I had them on my car and now it rattles and shakes and the inside was way to noisy when I had them I couldnt hear a thing when ever I drove somebody. Not to good on a date.
Old 01-17-2007, 01:54 PM
Teching In

Derrick, holler at me sometime, i'll let you listen to both my cars, one has a bullet before the rear, the other has a40 series in place of the cat with a turnout...i like things about both. best thing i ever did was get rid of my flowmaster muffler IMO.

if you were to install a dynomax ultra flo welded muffler i think you'd be very happy!
Old 01-17-2007, 04:25 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by lt1_man
True duals sound badass but I dont think they are worth it. I had them on my car and now it rattles and shakes and the inside was way to noisy when I had them I couldnt hear a thing when ever I drove somebody. Not to good on a date.

I have duals. I can drive at any speed and still have a very plesent conversation with whom ever is in the car. I also dont have any shaking noise inside my car cause of it either. I like them glad I have them, especially what i paid for them. good luck
Old 01-17-2007, 09:20 PM
TECH Regular

My bullet mufflers had bad noise to them. I guess it also didnt help that they where stopped right before the rear.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:38 AM
TECH Regular

...I've been on this board for a couple years now and this same question has been covered at least 50-75 times since i became a member so I am positive your answer will be somewhere if you search the words lt1 exhaust.

but i dont wanna be a complete ******* so ill tell ya i think magnaflow is the best system..and i happen to have a brand new magnaflow catback for sale...pm me

Quick Reply: Better Sound