LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

383 problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 08:44 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 383 problems

I just installed my new motor and my pullies are off a couple of hairs. just wanting to know if any one else has had this problem before? Also would the stock injectors on a 383 make the car run bad and or vibrate alot?.... thanks for the help
Old 01-31-2007, 10:57 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lt1_2buku
I just installed my new motor and my pullies are off a couple of hairs. just wanting to know if any one else has had this problem before? Also would the stock injectors on a 383 make the car run bad and or vibrate alot?.... thanks for the help
You did have your rotating assembly balanced with your flywheel or flex plate?
Maybe some more information on how it is running bad would help is this at idle or accelerating or WOT. No issues with the pulleys on mine.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:12 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like your balance hub isnt all the way sat in, you need to take the bolt out and get a threaded rod the same thread size (fine), and get some nuts and large washers to get it the rest of the way on, thats the on thing where if you off a few hairs, it would be there, and no where else. Nothing else has that sort of adjustment for the being too forward.
Old 01-31-2007, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

your gonna need bigger injectors, when I had my motor built it was internally balanced, when I put theflywheel on is vibrated. I took the weight of the flywheel and took the vibration away
Old 01-31-2007, 05:34 PM
Launching!

what size injectors would be good... i don't need to go all out just something to give me a better alround performance..... and yes my motor was internally balanced also. So i will check with the weight on the balancer
Old 02-01-2007, 01:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lt1_2buku
what size injectors would be good... i don't need to go all out just something to give me a better alround performance..... and yes my motor was internally balanced also. So i will check with the weight on the balancer

you should be good with some 36LBS or some 42 LBS... Yeah check that weight on your flywheel... Oh and don't forget you will need a tune with the injector upgrade
Old 02-03-2007, 04:46 PM
Launching!

i should also note that the car did not start a vibration until i put the exhaust on it. While it had open headers the car did not vibrate. Or maybe it did i just could not tell because of the open headers.

Quick Reply: 383 problems