LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LTCC have alot of problems?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

Default LTCC have alot of problems?

I just did a search to inform myself on some things and it seems that everywhere I looked there were issues with the LTCC. Maybe I should just go Delteq, there seemed to be alot less issues. I guess the Delteq could be less popular therefor having less issue because there aren't as many users. Help me out here guys.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are problems and issues with both brands and also both have had great results. My LTCC didn't like my OBD-II pcm near as we could tell. That was the only issue, which at high rpm had a wierd glich/drop around 5600rpm then again around 6700. I could have spent $200 & replaced my OBD-II with an OBD-I but found it pointless knowing I was going to run an aftermarket pcm later anyway. I bought the LTCC, used it for two weeks and ditched it, the unit is fine, just didn't like my pcm so now it's bubble-wrapped in a box on my shelf. Put a new opti back on with a new MSD-6AL and it works fine now. I may go back to the LTCC later but will probably just sell it in place of an MSD crabstyle dist, cam sync, crank trigg, blahblahblah setup, still unsure.

The LTCC IMO provides more flexability with running nitrous and better coil options, including mounting, that is just my opinion. On that note I've seen good results and some clean installs with the Delteq that look really sharp, I just don't care for the mounting on top of the valve covers.

If you decide on going with one of these setups pm me before you buy.

Last edited by BRETTINATOR; 02-05-2007 at 02:45 PM.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Before I bought my Delteq system, I called their main headquarters to get more info on it and spoke with one of their customer service reps for a good 45 minutes. I must've asked the guy 20 questions, and in addition to being able to answer everything I threw at him, he didn't try to push me into buying it. My main objective was to find out if I would still be able to use the Delteq system if by chance I ever decided to upgrade to an aftermarket Accel DFI or F.A.S.T type engine management system and eliminate the optispark from the equation. You can usually tell when somebody is just reading you answers from some pre-fabricated FAQ script and giving you the "marketing" answer but the conversation got into talking about other products and equipment that really wasn't related specifically with Delteq and still all my questions were answered. I got a really good feeling about the way the rep was handling the whole situation and it instilled enough confidence in me to buy it.

When I finally got the system, I was impressed with how thorough and easy the instructions were. Everything was labeled and illustrated. The system itself was a breeze to install: it doesn't require you to cut and splice into any factory wiring, or to "tweak" any settings to get the engine to run right. The only wrenching you have to do is when mounting the little brain box and coilpacks. Everything else just plugs together.

As long as I've had it in service, the Delteq has performed flawlessly. You might occasionally hear from someone who's had problems, but they're in the minority and the problem is usually the result of a conflict with something else in their setup rather than with the Delteq itself.

If you have the means to get one, I highly recommend it.

Last edited by thesoundandthefury; 02-05-2007 at 09:49 PM.
Old 02-05-2007, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Delteq here and I have no issues. Setup/installation was very easy. Its alot easier to run/replace wires now too. My only wish would be for more mounting locations although, its tough in the F-body engine compartment unless you start getting really creative.
Old 02-05-2007, 06:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have the Deltech, and it runs great! mounting the wires was a PITA but I figured it out. I got the Radiator mount kit. I also have the DIS 4 which gives me a 2 step and a timing retard
Old 02-05-2007, 07:52 PM
10 Second Club

I have ltcc and zero issues? My buddys shop installed it and said it was super easy.