LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Question for you single plane owners

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 08:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for you single plane owners

I have a couple questions for you single plane owners.

1. How much did it cost you? Everything from ordering the parts, to getting anything custom made/machined, to install, tune, ect.

2. Did you stick with the LT1 style throttle body, or change to an LS1 style?

3. If you kept the LT1 style TB, did you go with a 52mm or a 58mm?

4. Did you just bolt on the intake and drive off, or did you need to get a tune?

5. For the elbow, did you get it made to place the TB in the stock location, or did you just get one "off the shelf"?

6. How much horsepower [flywheel and rear wheels] did you gain after installing the single plane? Was it on a stock motor, or a built motor?

7. How much did the intake drop your ET times?
Old 02-08-2007, 08:17 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chaotic Firebird
1. How much did it cost you? Everything from ordering the parts, to getting anything custom made/machined, to install, tune, ect.?
Call PortPros www.portpros.com
2. Did you stick with the LT1 style throttle body, or change to an LS1 style??
LT1
3. If you kept the LT1 style TB, did you go with a 52mm or a 58mm??
58m But if I do it again i will be using an Accufab 90
4. Did you just bolt on the intake and drive off, or did you need to get a tune??
Think real hard about that question
5. For the elbow, did you get it made to place the TB in the stock location, or did you just get one "off the shelf"??
www.intakeelbows.com
6. How much horsepower [flywheel and rear wheels] did you gain after installing the single plane? Was it on a stock motor, or a built motor??
396ci AFR 210cc's and Victor E with small cam = 537hp
Dont have a **** clue.

Tony.
Old 02-09-2007, 12:41 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a couple questions for you single plane owners.

1. How much did it cost you? Everything from ordering the parts, to getting anything custom made/machined, to install, tune, ect.

You can see the other post I had about the single plane this varies. what style of single plane? Victor E, Supervic, Vic Jr, Accel Pro-ram, etc... My Victor E with rails was like 400 bucks and i paid 800 bucks to port and polish it and convert it to LT1 style heads.

2. Did you stick with the LT1 style throttle body, or change to an LS1 style?

No I went with a 1350cfm accufab 4 barrel vertical mount TB....

3. If you kept the LT1 style TB, did you go with a 52mm or a 58mm?

See above...

4. Did you just bolt on the intake and drive off, or did you need to get a tune?

uhhh on my setup the tune is going to be required but it's standalone engine management so the "tune" is going to be what allows the car to start and run.... it's not stock PCM so a "retune" isn't in my vocab anymore

5. For the elbow, did you get it made to place the TB in the stock location, or did you just get one "off the shelf"?

no elbow. vertical mount TB

6. How much horsepower [flywheel and rear wheels] did you gain after installing the single plane? Was it on a stock motor, or a built motor?

don't have conversions since this was an entirely new motor.... If I had put this on my 355 it would probably pick up 30-40hp but would require most likely bigger heads and bigger cam to take advantage of the increased airflow and RPM capability of the manifold.... it's all in the combo... switching to a single plane but keeping the heads the same as it might have been with the LT1 manifold will not give you the max power increase.... stepping up to single plane allows you to feed bigger heads (ie 210's or 227's)

won't find out till it's running but i'm hoping for 9's all motor and 8's on spray.

Quick Reply: Question for you single plane owners