LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

not getting oil to all the rockers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2007, 11:57 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default not getting oil to all the rockers?

I just finished my 355 and got it in and buttoned up. I' left the coil plugs out and turned the motor over untill i was getting pressure are the gauge and then i was getting oil to two rockers on the pass. side but i still cant see oil getting to any others? It's got great pressure and idles like a champ. Whats the deal? the car has only idle'd for about a min but i was getting oil to the pass. side.
Old 02-10-2007, 12:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pour some oil on the top let it run for a bit to get oil moving its cold out i bet
Old 02-10-2007, 01:10 PM
TECH Resident

WOW, me and you have almost the same set-up. I'm using SRP forged and Eagle rods,LE2's and the gm847. I'm going to try to run the valves tonight. I might have them alittle tight and that could be not letting it get up. I dont see why it would only come up on a few if it was a pump issue and i'm reading great pressure at the gauge. And yes it was about 30* in tulsa this morning.
Old 02-10-2007, 02:28 PM
Launching!

did you prime the engine first?? It takes a little while to get oil in the top half of the engine. Poring oil dont help much other then getting a coating on top. It does not help filling upthe lifters, pushrods, or any of the other parts.
Old 02-10-2007, 03:55 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Imnotfast
did you prime the engine first?? It takes a little while to get oil in the top half of the engine. Poring oil dont help much other then getting a coating on top. It does not help filling upthe lifters, pushrods, or any of the other parts.
well i left the plugs out and turned the motor over for about 3 mins and then i started see oil at the lifters but just a couple. I've got ARP moly lube 'on the rockers from install and i let the lifters set in a quart of oil for about a day before droping them in. I'm starting to think it has been running long enough to freak out yet. Just a new motor and i'm hoping everything work out well the first time.

Quick Reply: not getting oil to all the rockers?