LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

need help...

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 01:37 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help...

got my plugs done at a friends shop but i ended up with a extra wire...they ar e the msd super conductor wires..after that it has been misfiring and heatin up...can that wire be the result or maybe wires are not in right place? or that wire? im guessin the old one is still there but have not checked?...the wire is different then the one you hook up to spark plug and opti..it has black terminals and it came with the msd wires...does anybody have a diagram or picture where the sparks plug wires need to be? thanks
Old 02-15-2007, 01:58 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that wire is probably the one that goes to the coil. maybe its misfiring because one of the wires in touching the header and got burnt, check the wires. also check the plugs wen i put mine it they came on getting loose had to tighten them 2 more times after installing them
Old 02-15-2007, 02:14 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks....its weird becuse when it misfires it looses all its power but then it gets it back and does the same again..you have any idea?
Old 02-15-2007, 03:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1slot/a408
thanks....its weird becuse when it misfires it looses all its power but then it gets it back and does the same again..you have any idea?
had that also happen i have one burnt wire fix that. then my car would run rich as hell but run pretty fine then it would run so shitty i mean rpms were low no power car would shut up and it turned out to be the o2 sensor. how many miles you got on the car. i would change the o2 sensors anyways its like a tune up if you havent done that yet. another issue my buddy had the o2 sensor wire from the wiring harness touched the header and got burnt that could be another issue

Quick Reply: need help...