LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Magnaflow

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 03:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Magnaflow

What do you guys think of the Magnaflow Catback. I would run a x-pipe and true dual set-up but clearance is an issue. I have never heard a sound clip of a magnaflow system on a LT1 that had any kind of engine work. Do you guys have any feedback, and a sound clip with a list of mods would be awesome. I figure someone on here will tell me to but I already have. Also any dyno proven hp would be cool too.

-Justin
Old 02-19-2007, 05:23 PM
10 Second Club

I've heard it on a LS1 and it sounds great. Maybe someone on here will chime in on how it functions on a LT1
Old 02-19-2007, 05:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

http://ls1sounds.com/magnaflow.htm
Old 02-19-2007, 06:02 PM
11 Second Club

Yeah, I checked ls1sounds.com out but unfortunatley, all of those lt1 cars were stock. All they had was the Magnaflow Catback. What I was looking for was a soundclip or just feedback from someone that has a cammed, stroked, and or poked lt1 with a magnaflow system. Similarly modded like my car.

-Justin
Old 02-19-2007, 06:44 PM
12 Second Club

i odnt have a true dual setup, but i am running a magnaflow catback without the cat delete pipe. all my mods are listed below. my car sounds mild at idle compared to when i had the flowmaster on it. it has very little rasp if any at all and it has a smooth but loud note all the way up the full throttle. it sounds like a refined/aristocratic muscle car lol. it sounded a lot more agressive and mean with the flowmaster. however, i needed the mildeness to avoid being hassled by the police and i hear the magnaflow flows better even though i haven't seen any proof to back that up.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:22 PM
11 Second Club

If you don't mind me asking what kind of times do you run. And the magnaflow catback sounds pretty close to what I'm looking for. My flowmaster sounds like *** after the H/C install. I also read that the magnaflow is a good flowing catback. If someone contradicts this please speak up and shed some light on the facts.

-Justin
Old 02-19-2007, 07:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got clips of my car somewhere with a cc503 cam, mac mids, through a Magnaflow. I made a few posts about it but I don't know if the links are good anymore. You can search my threads I started but like I said about the links. Either way I'll post new links when I get home.
Old 02-19-2007, 07:57 PM
11 Second Club

No need to repost the videos I actually found them. Wow sounds great. Do you have any sound clips of it at WOT from a roll or something. I'm kinda curious on how it sounds with a load on the engine. Once again car sounds great.

-Justin
Old 02-19-2007, 08:03 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SpeedDensityZ
If you don't mind me asking what kind of times do you run. And the magnaflow catback sounds pretty close to what I'm looking for. My flowmaster sounds like *** after the H/C install. I also read that the magnaflow is a good flowing catback. If someone contradicts this please speak up and shed some light on the facts.

-Justin
to tell you the truth i haven't taken it to the track since its been closed all winter. it should open up as soon as the weather goes over 40. im thinking high twelves to be modest since its a full weight car and hasnt been tuned for the new setup yet.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:07 PM
11 Second Club

What altitude are you at. I run 12.70 with a cam, headers, and a mail order tune. At Gainesville Raceway. Well thanks for all of the replies. Hope to see some more.

-Justin
Old 02-19-2007, 08:31 PM
On The Tree

i have the magnaflow cat-back too.. I have a 383 503 cam headers and no cat it sounds bad ***, real smooth and gets pretty loud at wot sorry no vids or clips its made really well too you get your$$ worth!1
Old 02-19-2007, 08:36 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SpeedDensityZ
What altitude are you at. I run 12.70 with a cam, headers, and a mail order tune. At Gainesville Raceway. Well thanks for all of the replies. Hope to see some more.

-Justin

i run at englishtown, nj so its like 5ft. above sea level lol. im saying high twelves just to be on the safe side. i would hate to hope for low twelves and run 12.9. im setting in my mind a high time that way if i reach that time i got what i thought i would, but if i go quicker its all the sweeter. i got some mickey thompson et streets so im hoping traction wont be an issue like it has been in the past.

bad driving (im not afraid to admit it) has really screwed my times up. like an *** i have floored the car off the line everytime hoping that it would miraculously hook. it never did. this time i will drive the way its supposed to be done and cut that 1.6 60 with the help of those Mickeys of course.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:52 PM
11 Second Club

Damn, I'm getting the fever, can't wait to get my car buttoned up and make it to the dyno for tuning and then to the track. Thanks for the feedback.

-Justin
Old 02-19-2007, 08:55 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by UnitZ28
i have the magnaflow cat-back too.. I have a 383 503 cam headers and no cat it sounds bad ***, real smooth and gets pretty loud at wot sorry no vids or clips its made really well too you get your$$ worth!1

Thanks for the input. With all this positive feedback I might have made my decision. Sounds like Magnaflow built a system that not only performs but lasts as well.

-Justin
Old 02-19-2007, 08:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

I had the magnaflow catback on my car with the hotcam midlengths and punched cats and it sounded awesome. It had some dron on the highway so I bought I set of the magnaflow oval tips that look like the stock ws6 tips and wacked off the echotips and welded the others on it it sounded much more refined it turned from loud to a deep growl. The guy I sold the car to loves it.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am selling the Magnaflow off my car. I purchased it this past May and it has roughly 1,000 miles on it. I'm going to a true dual setup. PM me if you are interested.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:14 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by C_Rules
i odnt have a true dual setup, but i am running a magnaflow catback without the cat delete pipe. all my mods are listed below. my car sounds mild at idle compared to when i had the flowmaster on it. it has very little rasp if any at all and it has a smooth but loud note all the way up the full throttle. it sounds like a refined/aristocratic muscle car lol. it sounded a lot more agressive and mean with the flowmaster. however, i needed the mildeness to avoid being hassled by the police and i hear the magnaflow flows better even though i haven't seen any proof to back that up.
+1
Much better than any flowmaster out there. Also doesn't drone inside the car. It is a little on the loud side from outside, but not bad inside, but no worse than all the dam Harley's running around. I also don't get hassled about it from the neighbors or the local constables. Seat of the pants improvement was evident after the install.
Well worth every penny.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:44 PM
TECH Resident

I have A magnaflow with Pacesetter long tubes and ORY. I love it! I researched which cat back to go with for a while. For the money you cant beat it, plus its stainless steel. Great sound, Great power, great quality and price!
Old 02-20-2007, 11:43 AM
11 Second Club

Yeah, I have been researching catbacks for about 2 months. I think I have found the one I want so if anyone has one for sale pm me the link or let me know the price.

-Justin

Quick Reply: Magnaflow