LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Bad fuel pressure regulator?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2007, 09:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad fuel pressure regulator?

I'm working through several problems with my car right now, but when I changed plugs last night the front 4 plugs were all dry. The back 4 however were all gas fouled. That got me thinking about my fuel pressure regulator (older Aeromotive adjustable) that was on the car when I bought it. I started checking around it and I get some gas on my fingers if I feel around the pressure adjuster. It also seems somewhat wet underneath it in that area.

Would this make sense, that if the bladder in the fuel pressure regulator is starting to rupture, the vacuum line to it would be sucking gas into the intake? With the vacuum source being towards the back of the intake, it seems like that could explain the rear fouled plugs?? If anybody has had one go bad did you see anything like this?
Old 02-24-2007, 08:59 AM
On The Tree

I was thinking that I will try to block off the vacuum source for the FPR on the intake and then hook a vacuum tester to the FPR and pump it up to around 15 psi. Then just start up the car and see if gas starts filling up in it.
Old 02-25-2007, 04:46 PM
On The Tree

I hooked up a vacuum tester and with just a little vacuum with the car running it started sucking gas right through the vacuum fitting on the fuel pressure regulator. So it was just sucking raw gas into my intake manifold. Needless to say, I have a new fuel pressure regulator on order.

Quick Reply: Bad fuel pressure regulator?