LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Please Help. Air Pump question.

Old 02-26-2007, 05:35 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help. Air Pump question.

I have a 94 Z28. I'm putting a 96 LT1 in it. I thought that all LT1s are the same. On my 94 LT1 there was an aluminum hose that goes from one side to another all the way from the top right side of the engine to underneath the timing chain and all the way back to the top right side of the engine where rubber hoses connect from it to the exhaust manifolda or headers in my case.
The new engine I got (I was told it's a 96 but found a paper on it saying a 95 which confuses me a little more), there is no air pump !!! Did all LT1s used Air pump? there is no that aluminum pipe on the new engine either, I don't know if there is a place on the new engine to add the air pump. What should I do? The new engine came with computer and harness and everything.
Sorry about all the questions guys, I just don't know what to do here.
Any help will be greately appreciated.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 58 Likes on 51 Posts

That thing is Stainless Steel, and it's a pain in the *** to cut unless you got a Dremel. If you are putting on LT's, get rid of it..
Old 02-26-2007, 08:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The new motor I got doesn't look like it has a place for an air pump, so I really don't know if they put an air pump only on 94. I saved the air pump from my old 94 and when I saw the new engine I was what the f***, what's going on here, do I need an air pump, what do I do with that stupid steel tube? Did the new engine run without the air pump? Maaan I'm so freaking cunfused. What would you do bro?
The new engine I got has them two thingies on top of the manifolds but it seems like there was pipe that connects between the two of them and it's missing and that's what's confusing me, could it be that simple? What do you think man, I'm so sorry about all these questions. I just wanna know if any LT1 on Camaros came with an air pump and that steel tube beside 94.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Please Help. Air Pump question.