LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

opti plug not going in

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 01:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default opti plug not going in

i have a painless wiring harness, and an accel vented optispark. i cannot get the plug for the opti to snap into place. i am sure i have the vented plug, and it is going in the right way. i have no clue why it will not go on, and i'd hate to have to take off my waterpump again.

anyone ever have a problem like this?
Old 03-07-2007, 03:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

dang that sucks bad.

sometimes the weather pack gasket will bunch up and not allow the pigtail to go in all the way.
Also maybe the pins on the opti sensor are bent alittle and not allowing the plug to go in all the way.

good luck
Old 03-07-2007, 04:04 PM
On The Tree

that happend to me while i just replaced to cap and rotor but it was an msd though but on the msd it has to go in slanted towards the motor side. try that
Old 03-07-2007, 04:28 PM
Teching In

Did you check the connector to see if maybe a pin is stuck in it?!?!
Old 03-07-2007, 10:05 PM
Launching!

its hard to see in there but i can look down and see 3 pins, and they are not bent at all. the plug is for 4 pins, but its a bad angle so i might not be able to see the fourth.

i have not tried any of things suggested so i will give those a shot. i think am going to take the plug to say napa and see if it plugs in there to a oem opti.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

yea there should be four pins down that hole
Old 03-12-2007, 11:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BlazerINtheWork
i have a painless wiring harness, and an accel vented optispark. i cannot get the plug for the opti to snap into place. i am sure i have the vented plug, and it is going in the right way. i have no clue why it will not go on, and i'd hate to have to take off my waterpump again.

anyone ever have a problem like this?
I just went through that with a buddies car with 2 of these. The pins in the opti are not centered with the plug you have to bend them towards one side. Do your self a favor and buy a GM optispark
Old 03-12-2007, 07:45 PM
Teching In

Default your solution

hi guys had to join this board because I can help with your opti plug prob. You are not going to like this but you have to take the opti back off and put the plug on before you seal the opti or put it on your car. When I changed my opti I had the same prob and was panicing but took it off and did that 1st and it went right on. good luck Oh by the way I have a 95 caprice with the lt1 in case you all wanted to know.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:22 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mike@TEA
I just went through that with a buddies car with 2 of these. The pins in the opti are not centered with the plug you have to bend them towards one side. Do your self a favor and buy a GM optispark

which side did you bend them too?
Originally Posted by dre422
hi guys had to join this board because I can help with your opti plug prob. You are not going to like this but you have to take the opti back off and put the plug on before you seal the opti or put it on your car. When I changed my opti I had the same prob and was panicing but took it off and did that 1st and it went right on. good luck Oh by the way I have a 95 caprice with the lt1 in case you all wanted to know.
noooooo

thanks for the help guys
Old 03-14-2007, 05:30 PM
Teching In

sorry man I didn' like doing that either, hope every thing works out for you though.

Quick Reply: opti plug not going in