LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Bout to burn my power steering Res

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 08:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Bout to burn my power steering Res

Well my powersteering has been bubbling out of the cap of my res, I got a new cap.. it still does it gotta wipe the whole res done every few miles the surfaces are good not broke/worn its filled to MAX btw
Old 03-12-2007, 06:46 PM
9 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Gun5
Well my powersteering has been bubbling out of the cap of my res, I got a new cap.. it still does it gotta wipe the whole res done every few miles the surfaces are good not broke/worn its filled to MAX btw
i once blew a seal on a rack and pinion buy overfilling it, you say it is filled to the MAX as in the MAX line or it is topped off? do not top it off

i have heard of people putting in power stearting coolers is yours getting very hot? maybe it is failing or maybe it just has air bubbles iin it, is it NEW or previouly drianed or did it just start doing it?
Old 03-12-2007, 08:05 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Madman manual rack FTW.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by i420tom
i once blew a seal on a rack and pinion buy overfilling it, you say it is filled to the MAX as in the MAX line or it is topped off? do not top it off

i have heard of people putting in power stearting coolers is yours getting very hot? maybe it is failing or maybe it just has air bubbles iin it, is it NEW or previouly drianed or did it just start doing it?
doing it, its new fluid since we had to pull engine out.. it makes a hissing noise when i undo the cap sometimes to isnt that area a unpressurized container?
Old 03-18-2007, 11:48 PM
TECH Addict

still doing it, its around mid level now.. gotta wipe it down everyday still.. would like to fix this so i can put some lucas stuff in there and be done with it