LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

is this a good price for a reman LT1??

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 08:47 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is this a good price for a reman LT1??

I got a quote of $1972.00 INSTALLED from a ASE Certified company for a remanufactured engine that includes

New valves

New valves guides

New valve Springs

New Pistons

New Piston Rings

New Oil Pump

New Long Block Gasket Set

New Lifters

New Timing Chain & gear set

New Spark Plugs

New Spark Plug Wire Set

New Air & Oil Filter

New Thermostat

New Oil and antifreeze

A 3 year /50,000 mile warranty

For my 94 Camaro Z28… do you think that’s a deal or what!!!

THE REMANUFACTURING PROCESS

Quality Control
AEI puts quality at the top of our list because your product has to last. An intensive process control system is used to monitor all aspects of the remanufacturing process. Components are inspected after each operation and procedure. Only the highest quality parts and machine work are provided.

Engineering
At the Fliteline engine remanufacturing plant, extensive research goes into casting numbers, machining processes and tolerances, new part vendor selections and product applications. In addition, operators go through training that focuses on unique product features and processes. Potential problem areas may then be identified and corrected.

Disassembly
Each core is disassembled and inspected. Those components not suitable for further processing are scrapped. All small parts are cleaned and critical tolerances are checked. Worn parts are scrapped and replaced. All major components (crankcases, cylinder heads) are baked in gas-fired ovens to carbonize grease and dirt. Other components are chemically cleaned.
Components then go through an abrasive blaster that removes all contaminants. Crankcases and cylinder heads are all magnafluxed to check for any cracks not found during visual inspections. Each component then moves to its respective matching area.

Crankcases
All freeze plugs are replaced and the water cavities are pressure checked for integrity.
All holes are tapped and drilled, passages are cleaned and repaired if necessary.
All cylinder bores are measured and taken to the same oversize dimensions.
Diamond cutting hones are used for final bore sizing to ensure that surface finish requirements are met.
Main bearing boxes are line honed to ensure uniform size and alignment.
New cam bearings are installed and checked for free cam spin.
Crankcases go though a final wash to remove any remaining contaminants from the machining process.

Crankshafts
All crankshafts are checked for straightness before any further processing occurs.
Excessively worn journals are welded, reground and polished to process standards.
Reground journals are blended with the fillet radii to remove any stress risers that could result in crankshaft breakage.
All oil holes are chamfered at the journal surface to remove all sharp edges that could impede oil flow or damage bearing surfaces.

Connecting Rods
Each connecting rod is checked for cracks, damage and straightness.
All crankshaft bores (big end) are resized to new specifications
Where applicable, piston pin bore bushings(small end)are replaced.
Center-to-center length is then measured to ensure process compliance.

Camshafts
After cleaning all cams are inspected for straightness and lobe conformity.
If grinding is required, the cam contour and timing is maintained to original specifications.
All lobes are polished to ensure uniform surfaces and smooth performance.
If non-remanufacturable, new is used.

Cylinder Heads
All cap plugs are replaced.
All cylinder heads are pressure tested to verify water jacket integrity.
All decks are inspected and machined as required to reach required specifications.
Valve guides are resized or replaced as required.
Valve scats remachined with 3 angle cutters for proper flow.
All older heads with non hardened exhaust seats are replaced with hardened scats to allow operation with unleaded gasoline.
After assembly, each valve is vacuum checked to ensure proper seating and sealing.

Final Engine Assembly & Testing
All engines are hand-assembled by senior experienced technicians. Engines are live tested for correct oil pressure, vacuum pressure and compression to ensure that your newly remanufactured engine will provide years of service.

Our Commitment to You
To offer you the best service possible, we are continually refining our process to provide you with the most up-to-date information possible. We appreciate your business and would like you to feel free to contact us with your thoughts.
We know that in today's market, having the best product is not enough. That's why at American Engine Installation we will do what it takes to satisfy you, our customer.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:18 AM
KTM
On The Tree

I would get it balanced. And torque plate honed. But price looks great to me. Especially installed. You sure they are aware this is an LT1 motor ? Kind of strange they are offering new lifters and same cam...if anyhing that is typically the other way around in a roller camshaft applicatoin. I paid $2800 about 2 weeks ago for my complete rebuild on mine...NOT installed. Mine was total junk though - head castings were the only part re-used. The block was even garbage on mine. I bought the car that way by the way...Anyhow - your price looks good to me.
Old 03-30-2007, 09:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah your going to see 800-1200 for just the swap, so i would say thats a damn nice deal since its installed. not to mention the 50,000 mile warranty.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:32 AM
Launching!

ok ... great!
Old 04-02-2007, 08:55 AM
TECH Resident

I built my forged 355 bottom end for 1K and installed it for free.
Old 04-03-2007, 12:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DroppedM6Z
I built my forged 355 bottom end for 1K and installed it for free.
well you can do that for me so i guess this is a good price

Quick Reply: is this a good price for a reman LT1??