Old 04-20-2007, 07:17 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default loudmouth 1

how loud is this with stock manifolds
Old 04-20-2007, 05:08 PM
Teching In

With the stock manifolds not sure. With long tubes and ory no cat it is very loud. That is what I have.If I remember I think I had heard it a while ago with stock manifolds and cat still in tack. It was still pretty loud but had a good sound.
Old 04-20-2007, 05:48 PM
Launching!

It's pretty loud at an idle, even louder at WOT. My brother had it on his 94Z and we would be able to hear him from a good 1/2 mile away when he left the house. I had a Magnaflow on my T/A and it sounded quiet in comparison.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:19 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know which Loudmouth version I have (came with car) but it looks like a normal muffler and sounds just perfect. Throaty on accel, a little gurgle on deccel, good muscle 3rd gear cruising sound, and nice and quiet in OD.
Old 04-20-2007, 08:45 PM
Banned

I have the SLP Loudmouth 1, and right now I am on stock manifolds. (for the time being ).
You will love it.
Even with stock everything else it really sounds nice, and has a nice aggressive idle to it. You will not regret getting it.
Old 04-20-2007, 09:53 PM
12 Second Club

LM1 sounds horrible and you will regret it, I did! Not to mention all the comments on how shitty it sounded. With manifolds its real gurggly and pops alot. With longtubes it sounds like a tractor. There is no muscle car sound that it produces. It also drones real bad at cruising speed. You also cant hold a conversation, nomatter what speed ur at. It is however very loud at WOT.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Schweet97Z
LM1 sounds horrible and you will regret it, I did! Not to mention all the comments on how shitty it sounded. With manifolds its real gurggly and pops alot. With longtubes it sounds like a tractor. There is no muscle car sound that it produces. It also drones real bad at cruising speed. You also cant hold a conversation, nomatter what speed ur at. It is however very loud at WOT.

Boy, if that aint a bunch of inaccuracies if I've ever read it! It's a shame I don't have any means of recording mine, or I would. It is gurgly, when you let off, but then again I did say that! Even with the windows DOWN, in 3rd, I can hold a conversation. That's with the music on too, and no, we're not yelling at each other. I'm talking about having my MOM in the car, who doesn't tolerate loud stuff (especially music/bass)
Old 04-21-2007, 08:13 AM
12 Second Club

how is it inaccurate when i had it on my car? plain and simple it sucked. its my opinion and im stating what it did on MY car. i thought it sounded like **** along with many others, and i can get alot of negative opinions on the LM from this board as well. It does pop and it gurggly, not a sound i consider good from a catback!

my car at idle when it had the loudmouth. it sounds horrible at idle. not to mention it DRONES at cruise. (especially with cats)
http://media.putfile.com/Pacesetter-...-SLP-Loudmouth
Old 04-21-2007, 08:15 AM
Launching!

ls1sounds.com check it out and you will determine for yourself.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:07 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Formula350
Boy, if that aint a bunch of inaccuracies if I've ever read it!

Schweetz, have you ever even heard a LM or rode in car that had it?
These internet clips don't mean ****.
One, its hard to tell because its broken up and even a real good sounding car with true duals can sound like crap on the net.
Two, there are many different combos that effect exhausts. Intake, headers and headers lengths, cams etc..
Old 04-21-2007, 12:45 PM
12 Second Club

what dont u idiots understand when i say I HAD IT ON MY CAR!?!?! that was MY car in the clip, and it sounded like ****! its my opinion and the guy who started the thread wanted OPINIONS on the exhuast. MY opinion is SLP Loudmouth Catback Exhuast = ****!!!!!!!!!! GET OVER IT!

Quick Reply: loudmouth 1