LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

heater hose

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 08:48 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default heater hose

Where can i get the entire hose assembly, and how much are they. Cars a 95 z28.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:18 AM
On The Tree

Default Goodyear Hoses

I have a 95z that had a hack job of a water pump install. I popped a hose one day around the corner from my house (thank god) and I decided to get some of the Goodyear hoses. Think I paid 130$ from jegs for the whole set. It came with every hose needed for the cars cooling system. Putting most of them in took about 2 hours. The heating hoses were a whole different story and were a solid 4-5 hours worth of work. Mostly trying to get the hard lines out and then cutting the crimps off the hoses and then getting the whole thing back in there like it was away from the headers. Overall its not a hard job, just a time consuming one. It also doesnt help that I have big hands and they didnt like to fit in there. On a side note, those blue hoses do look cool, If you need help with it let me know, I can take some pictures or let you know how I did it.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:36 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I bought the complete heater hose ***'y. from the dealer. It IS a real PITA to get in and out...Yes, I have big hands too. (Get a tube of Neosporin, as you'll need it to help heal the skinned hands....)
Old 05-18-2007, 08:22 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
I bought the complete heater hose ***'y. from the dealer. It IS a real PITA to get in and out...Yes, I have big hands too. (Get a tube of Neosporin, as you'll need it to help heal the skinned hands....)
How much did you pay from the dealer.
Old 05-18-2007, 10:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by michael95
How much did you pay from the dealer.

I have to be honest, I don't remember. I did the job 3-4 years ago.......
Old 05-18-2007, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by michael95
Where can i get the entire hose assembly, and how much are they. Cars a 95 z28.

Certain NAPA stores can refurbish old heater hoses, they replace the rubber part and reclamp the metal portions on. I know a guy with a Camaro that did that.
But honestly I would rather get new ones from the dealer
Old 05-19-2007, 10:44 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Mattsz28
I have a 95z that had a hack job of a water pump install. I popped a hose one day around the corner from my house (thank god) and I decided to get some of the Goodyear hoses. Think I paid 130$ from jegs for the whole set. It came with every hose needed for the cars cooling system. Putting most of them in took about 2 hours. The heating hoses were a whole different story and were a solid 4-5 hours worth of work. Mostly trying to get the hard lines out and then cutting the crimps off the hoses and then getting the whole thing back in there like it was away from the headers. Overall its not a hard job, just a time consuming one. It also doesnt help that I have big hands and they didnt like to fit in there. On a side note, those blue hoses do look cool, If you need help with it let me know, I can take some pictures or let you know how I did it.
I'd like to see some pics of your setup, if it's not to much trouble thanks.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:10 PM
TECH Veteran

I looked into the OEM heater hoses for mine and they are ridiculous expensive. I think like $180 for the pair. That's what I saw on Ebay anyway, they were still in the factory plastic with that unmistakable yellow and white dealer sticker. Never could find them on GMpartsdirect.com. I was thinkinga bout getting the Goodyear hoses sometime when I had the money. My hose with the bleeder has a hole in it so just pushed it further onto the outlet and put my clamp over it and the other one on the lower side of the WP busted at the plastic part so I fixed it with a splicer and a couple clamps from Advance for about $8.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:12 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Mattsz28
Got anymore info on that? What about the bleeders and what not? On the heater hose part, I thought you would just saw off the crimps and clamp the Goodyear hoses on, is it not that easy?

Quick Reply: heater hose