LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Header Leak HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 04:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Header Leak HELP!!!

I just installed my hooker LT's and i have a leak at the pipe on the drivers side where it splits to go over the steering linkage what can i use to seal it up? a u clamp didnt work . please help the little tiss..tsss.tsss is driving me ******* insane. thanks-ryan
Old 05-18-2007, 04:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha I dealt with that sob for over a year, sealing it with all sorts of sealants etc which would eventually just blow out. So I gave in and had it welded a few months ago, at least I beat the damn leak.
Old 05-18-2007, 05:40 PM
KTM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was all ready to buy hookers...until I found out they had the one tube that was a 2 piece deal...no thanks. Sorry - not real useful on your question but I feel even better about my pacesetters - they are awesome !

OK - I'll try to help some on your problem. How about some of the header wrap heat sheild stuff? It may just be enough to muffle the wif-wif noise. I've also seen some 'exhaust patch' stuff that consists of some high temp cloth (probably some variation of fiberglass) and resin. Kind of like a paper machet (sp ?) type operation. Get the cloth wet with the resin and wrap it around your problem spot. It hardnes up and seals in place. Something like that or welding like lt197 suggests is about your only option....other than tossing your new $500 headers in the weeds and buying a set of pacesetters....