LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Cleaning Air Filters

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 11:47 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaning Air Filters

I have a Moroso CAI. I was wondering how to clean it. Do you have to use like a K&N cleaning solution?
Old 05-20-2007, 11:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Go to the parts store and a lot of times they will have the cleaner and oil on the shelf (or at least mine do). I don't think the cleaner is all that a big a deal cuz you can spray them out pretty well with high pressure water. However better get the oil so they'll trap dirt like they're supposed to. I got lucky one day and found the oil in an aerosol can so it went on really easily.
Old 05-20-2007, 11:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The K&N kit comes with the degreaser and oil but all you really need is the oil since you can clean with pretty much any degreaser. I just don't know if you can buy the oil separately.

All you do is take off the filter spray it with degreaser than spray it with the water hose, from the inside out so your not imbedding more trash in the filter. Wash it a couple times or till it looks clean then let it dry. Once its dry spray a new layer of oil on it. And the oil will be pink at 1st so you know not to go over the same spot alot and put too much. Make sure you just make the filter pink and thats it because if you pack it on then you will have to clean your MAF from the oil getting it dirty.

Last edited by porksoda; 05-20-2007 at 05:40 PM.
Old 05-20-2007, 02:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dishwashing detergent works just as well as the degreaser, for a lot less $$.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:14 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by porksoda
The K&N kit comes with the degreaser and oil but all you really need is the oil since you can clean with pretty much any degreaser. I just don't know if you can buy the oil separately.

All you do is take off the filter spray it with degreaser than spray it with the water hose, from the inside out so your not imbedding more trash in the filter. Wash it a couple times or till it looks clean then let it dry. Once its dry spray a new layer of oil on it. And the oil will be pink at 1st so you know not to go over the same spot alot and put too much. Make sur you just make the filter poink and thats it because if you pack it on then you will have to clean your MAF from the oil getting it dirty.
I could'nt of said it better. Porksoda is right on.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:31 PM
Launching!

Cool. Thanks.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah I just use the K&N recharger kit.