LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Cause i've gotten no answer anywhere else...

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2007, 06:20 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cause i've gotten no answer anywhere else...

I posted up about this in the transmission section, but got no replies after 2 weeks.

I've got to bleed the clutch on my 95' bird, and I have been very unsuccessful at finding how exactly it's done with our system. I've found a lot of information about bleeding the system on an LS1 style t56, where they have the hydraulics that cover the pilot bearing essentially, but nothing like the LT1 style.

I know that you use the bleeder valve, and pump the clutch pedal in between bleeding the air out. Also to make sure and keep the fluid full while doing it, but I haven't found a thing about where exactly the bleeder screw/valve/hole is for my hydraulics. It's drivin me nuts, and i've even heard somewhere online that the LT t56 cars didn't have bleeder valves on the clutch system, and that i've got to just replace the master and slave cylinders.

What do I do in order to get this done and working again?!
Old 05-24-2007, 09:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

There is no bleeder on an LT1 hydraulic system. In the past i've just unbolted the slave and held it with end that the line comes into it facing up and then pushed the piston in by hand a few times untill all the air has worked its way up to the master cylinder. It helps to have a buddy watching the master to see if anymore air bubbles are comming out. Also, I've been able to just fill it up and pump the ever-living **** out of the clutch pedal untill it gets stiff.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

l would just spend the 155.00 w/ws6 store and get a new set up,it is really worth the price to avoid the hassle
Old 05-25-2007, 09:54 AM
On The Tree

It's not that I want to avoid the hassle, i've got plenty of time to do this. I just don't like waiting for parts after 2 1/2 years of trying to get this running, and hopefully this is the last thing I need to take care of to get it running.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:02 AM
On The Tree

I've tried pumpin the clutch pedal, not for a very long time though, maybe 5 minutes tops, but got no more stiffness the whole time. Maybe I just need to pump it a lot more, spending much more time, to get the pedal feel back. Or i'll just do what GMRACER13 said, and push the piston in on the slave cylinder like he did.