LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

IF I pull out stock exhaust system to pipe will it give HP or just make noise?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 05:58 PM
ZSU
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question IF I pull out stock exhaust system to pipe will it give HP or just make noise?

I got 1995 TRANS AM CONVERT lt1.
IT IS STOCK.

If I pull out the muffler will it give Horsepower or only just Noise..
And is it sound good? Thanks for help
Old 06-03-2007, 06:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You R to gain horse power, but it is not sound good. NEW MUFFLAR FOR YEW!
Old 06-03-2007, 06:51 PM
ZSU
Launching!

Originally Posted by Formula350
You R to gain horse power, but it is not sound good. NEW MUFFLAR FOR YEW!
how much horse power will it give do you think with out muffler?
Hmm.. I am not sure but I see a orange camaro here with ls1 it sound strange.. I think he take off muffler..

And by the way if I put it cold air intake (not with ram air hood).. will it gain HOrsepower? or just sound..
Old 06-03-2007, 06:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ZSU
how much horse power will it give do you think with out muffler?
Hmm.. I am not sure but I see a orange camaro here with ls1 it sound strange.. I think he take off muffler..
U sure it not have cats delted? or even maybe duels tru? wel lI have ran with no muffler a few times, once when I was waiting for the catback to come in so it was just open y-pipe, 2nd time was when I had to put the stock cat-back back on for inspection purposes, sounded mean as hell with a open Y-pipe, and kinda raspy with open pipe at the rear, if you do it either way, say good bye to keeping a conversation going when driving. Oh and FYI, proof reading helps out alot
Old 06-03-2007, 08:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by GreatWhiteZ28
Oh and FYI, proof reading helps out alot
Some people can proof read it 50 times, and it won't matter lol

It'll be loud as all heck. They don't call it a muffler because of how it looks!

And the Cold Air Intake will give you some tone change but power as well. You'd be better off getting a good muffler and replace it.

K now lets see if I can dumb it down again.

Cold Air INtake is makes u fastr n loudur. 50mure power than under glow. Fast pimp and loud is for realz, total awsum!
Old 06-03-2007, 08:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Old 06-03-2007, 09:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I know have a headache trying to read half of this thread
Old 06-03-2007, 10:06 PM
On The Tree

If you guys are talking about ZSU he doesnt use correct grammer etc because he lives in Turkey so he is alowed to not type the way we are used to lol.

In other words dont be too hard on him he lives clear on the other side of the world and is still trying to support the 4th gen cars as well as mod them.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:12 PM
On The Tree

Dont just cut the muffler off it will sound bad. If you really want to make it sound good get a set mid length or long tube headers to replace the exhaust manifolds then put an electric exhaust cut out in the pipe right before it goes over the rear axle. I will put some links below. Running open pipes with stock manifolds will sound bad while running open pipes with a set of headers will sound good. Are you could get a x pipe and some small bullet mufflers and dump them before the rear axle and do away with the old exhaust all to gether.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/QTEC/index.php

Originally Posted by ZSU
I got 1995 TRANS AM CONVERT lt1.
IT IS STOCK.

If I pull out the muffler will it give Horsepower or only just Noise..
And is it sound good? Thanks for help
Old 06-03-2007, 10:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

I remember he said he was from Turkey, so that's why I didn't post a smart *** comment.
ZSU: I had a hooker catback with longtubes and catted y-pipe. The muffler is bolted on, so one day I took it off for ***** and giggles. It was really loud but it didn't sound good at all. It was fun being obnoxious for a little while, but got annoying quick. There is no tone at all; just deep drone that sounded horrible. It doesn't give you any noticable power. It's not necessarily the muffler that robs power, it's the small piping and too many bends that ruins velocity. As for the cold air intake, it's only for power. However, if you have a quiet exhaust (stock), you can actually hear the intake sucking in air from inside the car.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:18 PM
ZSU
Launching!

Question

Originally Posted by Enforcerws6
If you guys are talking about ZSU he doesnt use correct grammer etc because he lives in Turkey so he is alowed to not type the way we are used to lol.

In other words dont be too hard on him he lives clear on the other side of the world and is still trying to support the 4th gen cars as well as mod them.
Yes I am from worldwide, Turkey.

And thats why, my grammar is bad and I know that. But sure you will understand my lang.

In my country there are 2007 Mustangs, Escalades-Navigators /which sells 170.000$( but not have Offical sellers or Services. They talk different cuz they have tongue. So I cant trust that people..

PS. Any one know Stock TransAm A4 convertible 0-62 accelaration? I cannot find real specifications.

So you guyz say, "dont pull of stock muffler, that dont give Horsepower just bad sound", Iam confused becuz at 1996 Gm change the exshaust then it give 10 HP. What is the ropes for power with cheap way?

Replace the stock filter to open air intake like K&n it will give horsepower and sound? (Idont know how much horse power it will give.)
Old 06-04-2007, 04:22 PM
ZSU
Launching!

Originally Posted by Enforcerws6
Dont just cut the muffler off it will sound bad. If you really want to make it sound good get a set mid length or long tube headers to replace the exhaust manifolds then put an electric exhaust cut out in the pipe right before it goes over the rear axle. I will put some links below. Running open pipes with stock manifolds will sound bad while running open pipes with a set of headers will sound good. Are you could get a x pipe and some small bullet mufflers and dump them before the rear axle and do away with the old exhaust all to gether.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/QTEC/index.php
I have heard for cut out but if that give horse power, why not pulling off Muffler dont give power?

BTW, I dont know what it means X pipe Y pipe or small bullet mufflers?

Last edited by ZSU; 06-04-2007 at 04:30 PM.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know have a headache trying to read half of this thread

no ****
Old 06-04-2007, 06:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

He has a legit excuse, so he's one of the lucky few lol You might be amazed at how many people actually DO talk like that. It's very disturbing.

I don't know what all is available over there, and how much shipping for something is, but I'd be running a Magnaflow, SLP or another one that is slipping my mind right now (not Flowmaster, they sound bad *** but apparently aren't good on our cars).
Old 06-04-2007, 06:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ZSU
So you guyz say, "dont pull of stock muffler, that dont give Horsepower just bad sound", Iam confused becuz at 1996 Gm change the exshaust then it give 10 HP. What is the ropes for power with cheap way?
The 10 HP increase was because in 96 they went to a dual cat exhaust.

Buy an exhaust cutout. It bypasses the muffler but keeps it there for when you don't want it to be loud.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:22 PM
ZSU
Launching!

Originally Posted by Mattybz28
The 10 HP increase was because in 96 they went to a dual cat exhaust.

Buy an exhaust cutout. It bypasses the muffler but keeps it there for when you don't want it to be loud.
you mean they have 2 catalytic? hmm.. I see thanks.

I decide to buy Flame Thrower
Old 06-04-2007, 11:15 PM
Teching In

eh just dump it
Old 06-04-2007, 11:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ZSU
Yes I am from worldwide, Turkey.

And thats why, my grammar is bad and I know that. But sure you will understand my lang.

In my country there are 2007 Mustangs, Escalades-Navigators /which sells 170.000$( but not have Offical sellers or Services. They talk different cuz they have tongue. So I cant trust that people..

PS. Any one know Stock TransAm A4 convertible 0-62 accelaration? I cannot find real specifications.

Replace the stock filter to open air intake like K&n it will give horsepower and sound? (Idont know how much horse power it will give.)
I appoligize for picking on you for your use of grammer, didn't know you where from Turky muchless another country....sorry buddy
Old 06-05-2007, 03:59 PM
ZSU
Launching!

Originally Posted by SuperDave383
eh just dump it
just dont read
Old 06-05-2007, 04:00 PM
ZSU
Launching!

I appoligize for picking on you for your use of grammer, didn't know you where from Turky muchless another country....sorry buddy
No problem my friend I can imagine that from ur side, its a weird usa language for u