LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

aftermarket accessory bracket

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 10:57 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default aftermarket accessory bracket

I was wondering if anyone sells an aftermarket accessory bracket? I am thinking of going the street/strip route. I would take out the a/c and put it away and relocate the alternator to the bottom. I also have p/s as well.

I was thinking of just running those two accessories with a custom belt but would I really need a belt tensioner? Sort of put it on like the grooved belts from a sbc.

Just an idea..wanted something different, functional, look good and I can work on my motor.

Thanks
Mike
Old 06-05-2007, 12:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your first obstacle is the stock power steering pump. They're vaned to rotate counter-clockwise. Since you're wanting to do a low mount setup, your best bet would be to buy an aftermarket "Type II" P/S pump that rotates clockwise.

Second obstacle would be a bracket for the pump. There are a couple of low mount alternator brackets made for our engines, but they're all designed for A/C and P/S delete, so you're most likely going to have to do some fabbing to get the pump mounted. This guy made his own low mount brackets out of blocks of billet, and converted to a CS130 style alternator and Type II pump:

One other option would be to buy the Speed Specialty alternator relocation kit, and just run a 1LE A/C delete pulley with the stock bracket. However, the downside is that you have to delete the ABS, and it won't all be a low mount setup like you describe.

Kit:
http://www.speedspecialty.com/store/...t1altbracketV2

Quick Reply: aftermarket accessory bracket