LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

car cuts up after engine warms up

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 08:45 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car cuts up after engine warms up

Problem im having is after driving for a while (interstate,rush hour,etc.) i push the accel (half way to full) the engine bogs throws a DTC 36 than runs fine until heavy accel again. car has just started this in the past couple of weeks. Cap and rotor apear good new opti about 7 months ago. Thinking opti is going bad again (reman from o'riely auto parts) this could make my seventh opti in two years.

I have replaced the ignition module(gm), coil(msd), wires(taylor), plugs(NGK-tr55), lt4 knock module(gm), knock sensor(gm), MAS air sensor(gm), ignition switch on column(gm), map sensor(gm), new computer(gm) with tune from mad z28. ny ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

dtc 36 is most likely the opti. I would check O2s also though. Part throttle when warm is exactly when it will run rough if they are faulty.
Old 06-06-2007, 12:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

If you are going through opti's like that, I would suggest looking into the LTCC conversion, and find some LS1 coils from a junkyard, or a car wrecked from the *** end. Remanufactured parts, especially sensitive parts like the optical sensor in the opti ... probably isn't the best thing to drop money on. Have you replaced the fuel filter? Or done anything with the fuel system? That could also be a possibility.
Old 06-06-2007, 08:34 AM
TECH Veteran

Don't buy reman optis. Been there done that. I think a GM, MSD, or Dynaspark might solve your problems.

Quick Reply: car cuts up after engine warms up