LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

code 36?

Old 06-07-2007, 01:44 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default code 36?

OptiSpark high resolution signal faulty...well I got this code tonight, I've been having an issue with alot of knock retard and the car threw this code tonight. The optispark is ac delco less than two years old. Is it shot already? any other suggestions as to what to do? If I have to spend another 450 bucks on an optispark I will probably just go delteq or ltcc.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:23 PM
KTM
On The Tree

I think I paid like $230 for my new AC opti...your local dealer is probably not the best price your going to find...do some research. Secondly - since you have a '94, you don't have the vented version - unless you converted it last time you replaced it. If you did not convert it - yes, it could certainly be dead allready. If you did convert it - I woud be surprised if it is dead allready. I would highly suggest you convert to the vented cap if you have not allready.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by KTM
I think I paid like $230 for my new AC opti...your local dealer is probably not the best price your going to find...do some research. Secondly - since you have a '94, you don't have the vented version - unless you converted it last time you replaced it. If you did not convert it - yes, it could certainly be dead allready. If you did convert it - I woud be surprised if it is dead allready. I would highly suggest you convert to the vented cap if you have not allready.
the nonvented are usually at least 100 bucks more than the vented opti's also. What all do you have to change to convert to a vented version? The opti harness is different right...what else?
Old 06-07-2007, 06:43 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my car showed that code with a **** load of knock retard and then just stop starting one night.. thought it was the opti.. ended up being that damn ignition moduel right above the blaster coil... lol.. try that... if you have any friends that have a LT1 and have like 5 min to spare it would be worth a try... good luck..
Old 06-08-2007, 12:50 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BsGreenZ
my car showed that code with a **** load of knock retard and then just stop starting one night.. thought it was the opti.. ended up being that damn ignition moduel right above the blaster coil... lol.. try that... if you have any friends that have a LT1 and have like 5 min to spare it would be worth a try... good luck..
really??? That's interesting...so you changed out the ignition control module i'm guessing is what your are talking about. and the code went away?
Old 06-08-2007, 09:38 AM
KTM
On The Tree

It's just the cap that is different on the vented version. You still need to buy the distributor for the '93/'94 car....they have a small drive shaft. The '95 & up have a larger drive shaft. The wiring is all identicle...just need to add a couple hoses to plug into the vents in the cap. Basically it pulls air through the distributor from the air intake tube to the the intake manifold - using engine vacume to suck it through. There is a factory available harness with the little inline filters and check valves to do it up just like the '95 and up cars. I did this conversion on my '93 Vette - piece of cake. There are some photos and and other helpful hints on the 'shoebox' page.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:52 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah... the code went away and the car started running alot better with alot less nock retard...
Old 06-10-2007, 02:20 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BsGreenZ
yeah... the code went away and the car started running alot better with alot less nock retard...
hmm...will have to try that...any other thoughts?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: code 36?