LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 Edit problems. What am I doing wrong?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 03:05 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 Edit problems. What am I doing wrong?

Bryan from PCMForLess sent me a tune to use for LT1 Edit and load into my car. Since I don't have a laptop, I sent it to my friends. This laptop is equiped with Vista, and he is having difficulty getting it to work. Could Vista be the problem? Could someone offer me a step by step spoon feed to how to make this work? I always think that I'm complicating this and defenatly do not belong behind a computer connected to a car.
Old 06-07-2007, 05:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Shoot him, or the guys at LT1Edit, an e-mail. I'm sure they'd help you figure it out quicker than us here. I'm guessing it hasn't been tried too many times on Vista, as most of our tuning comps are older.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:07 PM
TECH Resident

I'd say your problem is most likely Vista. I wouldn't try it because you want as little running in the background as possible when you're tuning so that nothing interrupts it. That's why most people have an old laptop that's for tuning only.
Old 06-08-2007, 12:27 AM
TECH Resident

Okay I solved one of my problems by using my other friend's laptop that runs off XP. However I would perfer to put it on the laptop that runs Vista. I think I will send him an e-mail concerning this. Thanks for the advice!

Quick Reply: LT1 Edit problems. What am I doing wrong?