LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Hypertech question

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 04:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hypertech question

my buddy has a 95 z28 and used thehypertech tuner, I was wondering if it would work for my 96. The main reason for the question is that his is an automatic and mine is manual.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:51 PM
10 Second Club

I think the hypertechs all on the back of the hand held have the description and years each are compatible with. I'd also stay away from the hypertech and go mail order or dyno tune but that is just me.
Old 06-08-2007, 05:16 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Haunted
my buddy has a 95 z28 and used thehypertech tuner, I was wondering if it would work for my 96. The main reason for the question is that his is an automatic and mine is manual.
His might be for an OBDI and yours is OBD II. I know that some of the 95's had an OBD I computer with an OBD II connector.

Regardless of that clusterf**k -- the hypertech isn't that good. There really isn't such thing as 'one size fits all' when it comes to tuning. There are far too many variables when it comes to cars, mileage, motor condition, driving style, etc., etc., etc. There is no substitution for a dyno tune. Save your money and do it once, and do it right.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

It will only work on one car at a time anyway, your buddy would have to unload his tune before you could use it on yours, unless you found someone to unlock it.

Sara Lou

Quick Reply: Hypertech question