LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

canton pan question....

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2007, 11:34 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default canton pan question....

I can't go to the shop right now since it's closed and I can't look at my pan but can someone with a canton pan tell me if it has a bung pre welded into it for use with an oil pressure sender from any popular gauge company like autometer etc????

Cause I have the sender that comes with my gauge but i can't for the life of me remember if the pan has that bung already in it. I know it does have an extra hole that is plugged if my memory serves me....
Old 06-11-2007, 07:03 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

YOu mean an oil TEMPERATURE gauge ....right? If so on the right hand side there is a plug, or you can use the old oil level sensor hole.

David
Old 06-11-2007, 07:39 AM
KFK
On The Tree

I agree, plus I don't think you can get pressure through the pan.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:44 AM
TECH Veteran

Yeah if we got pressure through the pan, my Canton would have been empty in about 5 mins from all the leaks, lol. Yes the Canton I had has a bung for the temp gauge on the pass side wing. It will fit the standard adapters that are included with Autometer gauges.
Old 06-11-2007, 04:09 PM
9 Second Club

sorry guys my fingers were typing faster than my brain could process... yeah i meant temperature gauge.....

i know the pressure port is behind the manifold so don't need no help there...

cool. thanks...
Old 06-11-2007, 04:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I put mine in the low oil port, just retapped the hole, when I put water in there just to see where the oil would be in running conditions at WOT the oil isnt up to the top of the pan where the other plug is you can have 2-3 qts in the top end easy when running high RPMs. I just wanted mine to be in oil all the time
Old 06-12-2007, 07:16 PM
9 Second Club

isn't the other port vertical in the pan sides???? Like the kickout portion at the top????? I'd expect that oil would be there all the time no?????

I gotta go down and take a look at the pan to make sure it's where i'm thinking it should be..... but if not yeah i'll end up using the low oil port.... problem is that the pan is ON the motor and i don't want to end up tapping metal shavings into the pan..... i'd have to remove the pan which i don't want to do.....