LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 help

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2007, 02:51 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 help

ok. here is my problem. I have a new GMPP opti. it has roughly 1200miles on it. new everything for igniton. I just got the car out and about again this past week. now all of a suddden I have a slight misfire at 6000, It is programmed to shift at 6700 for the cam, head setup. I ran the car last year on a bsicly same setup no problems. then this.

also at very low rpm's when it is warm, it dies, I figure it is the cam. then sometimes it acts like it is on 2 cyl, i have to floor it to keep it going and then there is nothing but black smoke out the back. I idle it down the road fine, but the minute I give it more gas it dies out, or stumbles and then dies. It did this to me 4 times yesterday and i took it out today and ran fine, then when warmed up it started to misfire when i gave it gas, and then it died in my neighborhood. I tried to refire it nothing, I could smell fuel out the headers. I waited and waited then it fired right up. I got on my road and gave it gas and had it stumble again.

this has been going on for 3 weeks now. before that I would floor it from a role and it would rev up to rev limiter popping and smoking all the way then shift and it ran liked a raped ape, now it has gotten dramaticly worse. when it is cold it is fine, just when it is warm.

it is pissing me off.

could it be my opti? coolant snsor? no clue. I dont throw any codes......

I know my trans started to slip yesterday so I have decided to throw my full race setup in her. just a matter if I should buy another opri, or go for coil pack setup. any help with this would be great.

thanks!!!
Old 06-12-2007, 02:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone you know have a good scanner? Or do you have an ALDL cable and software? Drive around and see what the O2 sensors are reading. I don't know if that's all the problem (the second doesn't seem like it) but who knows.