LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 Performance Help

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 04:01 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LT1 Performance Help

Alright, I have a '95 Camaro Z28 A4. The only performance mods that I have done to the car are 3.73 rear end gears, a Dynomax Super Turbo muffler and a small street tune done by Henderson Performance Tech. in New Braunfels, Tx. I just graduated from high school and I don't want to sacrafice too much gas mileage as I will be using it as a daily driver for awhile. I have only taken the car to the tracks once and ran a 13.84 in the 1/4 and that was with street tires. I would really like to get more power out of my Camaro, but I don't know which is the best way to go. I would really like to drop my car in the low 13's. For the LT1 owners out there, which is the best way to go (performance mod. wise). I appreciate the help, thanks.
Old 06-18-2007, 04:44 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say torque converter (stall)...hmm around 2800 i'd say. It will waste you a litte more gas, but a great performace part that will get you there. You can always shoot for nitrous also, open the bottle for a quick 12 sec. pass, then close it and return to its normal state...brilliant

Welcome to the board.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd say headers right now, and if the trans wasn't tuned in with your "street" tune, see if they can up the line pressure a bit. If you don't have a CAI (Cold Air Intake), that'd be the first thing I'd get.