LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

can't figure this one out.........

Old 07-01-2007, 12:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default can't figure this one out.........

I can't figure this issue out, it comes and goes... It will run good for a couple days or a week and then all of a sudden start to act like its not getting fuel... The walbro 255 is just over a year old, the injectors are like 8 months old, the pressure regulator is brand new, but the filter is about 2 years old.... It will read really low on the scan master and want to die if im not giving it gas but not like it would of the opti was going out, and it keeps telling me that one of the banks is running lean, but then it will pick up again and run fine.... The o2 are new.... i can't figure this one out....
Old 07-01-2007, 12:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

People say that Bosch O2s are notorious, in our cars, to not last long. Some last for ever, some last weeks. I don't know how accurate that is, but could be a start. I had a similar problem, sort of lol, in my 62 Ford Army Jeep. I would drive around JUST fine, no problems at all, then all of a sudden WHAM it'd run like crap. I would have to choke it, fan the gas, do everything to keep it running. Then, just as sudden as it came on, it'd go away. 2 years it was like that. I could blow through the fuel filter, so "it was fine" right? Well, finally decided "OK Just going to replace it with a clear one. Did it, and runs flawless now. Never has that problem again. My point? Give your filter a try. It's only like $6-10 and 10mins.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks man thats kinda what i was going to do today to see what happens... its 7 from the auto zone down the street, and i really have to have this car ready by next weekend lol...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: can't figure this one out.........