LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Deleting Rear O2's Issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 12:55 AM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Default Deleting Rear O2's Issues

Im only running my front O2 sensors because of the ORY so when I took it to get tuned for the gears and whatnot the guy didnt tune out the Rear 02's like I asked because he said they weren't throwing a code. I dont understand how they aren't throwing a code? Also I've been getting like 5mpg is that the result of the air/fuel ratio being way off because the rear 02's aren't tuned out? I have a burnt plug wire if that is affecting anything.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:15 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by StealthFormula
Im only running my front O2 sensors because of the ORY so when I took it to get tuned for the gears and whatnot the guy didnt tune out the Rear 02's like I asked because he said they weren't throwing a code. I dont understand how they aren't throwing a code? Also I've been getting like 5mpg is that the result of the air/fuel ratio being way off because the rear 02's aren't tuned out? I have a burnt plug wire if that is affecting anything.
The burnt plug wire will soon be causing a miss, if its not already.Get a new wire and put some fiberglass heat shield socks due to your headers.
Take care of that first. That could cause your 5mpg. The rear O2's only job is to make sure your catalytic converter is doing it's job with emissions. Most people install simulators or delete them via HP Tuners or other programming software .I'm assuming you are not running cats... If you get no O2 sensor codes for the rear ,you can leave them alone.
It would be a good idea to get a dyno tune and see where your AFR's are at.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:30 AM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

^Thanks for the help, Im going to get the new wire on this week and the car will be dynoed at the end of the month for the cam so hopefully I can get that squared away then