LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Code 32, crappy gas mileage, poor acceleration, help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 05:04 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code 32, crappy gas mileage, poor acceleration, help!

I've got a 94 Z28 stock with hooker catback and an electric cutout. It's got 133k on the odo, and it hasn't run right since the day I got it. Brand new plugs, wires, fuel filter, and ignition coil.

Now on to the problem, it's really random when it does it... but usually it's either high rpm (4500+) or when you stomp the gas at any RPM. In the said situations, the motor studders, hesitates, bogs, whatever you want to call it for anywhere from 1-10 seconds before it either catches and takes off, or I let off the gas. For example, getting on the interstate, hitting the on-ramp at about 45mph, and then punching it up to 70 or so. In another situation, you can be sitting still... in park, neutral, or in any gear, and hit the gas and it studders/cuts out. It sounds/feels like it's not getting enough fuel or air, but I'm not sure. On top of that, I get terrible gas mileage, around 12-15 mpg highway or city, and the over-all idle is poor. Sometimes it idles high (1100+) and sometimes it dips down to ~400 and almost stalls out.

I'm at a complete loss here, and I just pulled 3 codes off the engine, 83 (TCC code --- reverse lockout? Sometimes I can't shift from park to reverse) Also, code 32 (apparently EGR --- so i think it might be part of the problem) and a 61 (AC low charge, which would explain why my AC blows hot all the time... but I rarely use it)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I recorded a lengthy log with freescan if anyone is brave enough to sort through it and analyze the data! Thanks.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9csmisg41lg
Old 07-02-2007, 05:49 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I had a code 32 and replaced the EGR valve...No more code...Those valves can get all gunked up with carbon, etc and will fail...

--Alan

Quick Reply: Code 32, crappy gas mileage, poor acceleration, help!