LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Where does this port go???

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2007, 11:51 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where does this port go???

Hey guys, I finally got the LT1 in the 69 Camaro tonight. I was trying to remember how some of the tubing went, but I simply can't remember. I took some pictures before, but somehow they got lost or deleted.

Anyway, on the throttle body.....on the right side (pass) there are two ports.....well, three counting the coolant lines which I have deleted. I know where the lower one goes which is the EGR system, which I have deleted as well, but I'll be damned if I know where the upper (larger) one goes.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Joe

Old 07-03-2007, 11:59 PM
TECH Regular

its supposed to run from the tb over to the valve cover.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:01 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On my 93, that's for the PCV, which sits in the valve cover. Yours, don't know how the PCV system routes, but I know it's in the Driver side of the intake heh.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:05 AM
Launching!

just put a cap on it its supposed to supply the crankcase with filtered air through the stock valve cover. you've already got that covered with your valve cover breathers.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:31 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ws6t3rror
just put a cap on it its supposed to supply the crankcase with filtered air through the stock valve cover. you've already got that covered with your valve cover breathers.
Thats what I was thinking, but I just went to look at the stock valve covers and they dont have any other hole in them other than the fill tube.

Originally Posted by Formula350
On my 93, that's for the PCV, which sits in the valve cover. Yours, don't know how the PCV system routes, but I know it's in the Driver side of the intake heh.
Yes, I know about the PCV system on the left side of the intake. It's all taken care of and should work fine being the stock style setup. But like I said before, there was no PCV in the valve cover, so, since it has it in the intake, I should not need it to go to the valve cover. I sure hate to mess up a good looking motor with a bunch of lines all over the place.!

Ok, one more question, if I block that port off, will that mess with the IAC motor? Does the IAC motor get it's air from that port?

Thanks guys, your all a big help.

Joe
Old 07-04-2007, 12:33 AM
Staging Lane

Shoot, I forgot to mention that this is a 94' model LT1.

Sorry about that.

Joe
Old 07-04-2007, 12:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not to call you out formula350 but the one on you passenger valve cover is a ccv valve. It is just to releave crankcase pressure. On the 93's our pcv valve is on the drive side of the intake manifold, it goes from one nipple to another about 2" infront of that one. If you have a breather in that gromet that I see that you have on the top back part of the valve cover then the access pressure in the crankcase will be released through there. This in turn will keep the inside of your TB and manifold cleaner because with it hooked up it allows little amounts of oil to travel through there an get inside of the manifold. Plus it looks cleaner without that big hose running ontop of the valve cover and then into the TB.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

and just a question are you not having an IAC sensor? I notice that the plug is covered over. Mine has 4 round plug made into one that goes in right there
Old 07-04-2007, 03:12 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by litch2004
and just a question are you not having an IAC sensor? I notice that the plug is covered over. Mine has 4 round plug made into one that goes in right there

'94+ model's use the flat, 4-wire bolt on style IAC valve (like ls1's do) it's not covered up, its just different than the older ones.

Last edited by Mighty Whitey; 07-04-2007 at 03:19 AM.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:17 AM
Staging Lane

not to call you out formula350 but the one on you passenger valve cover is a ccv valve. It is just to releave crankcase pressure. On the 93's our pcv valve is on the drive side of the intake manifold, it goes from one nipple to another about 2" infront of that one. If you have a breather in that gromet that I see that you have on the top back part of the valve cover then the access pressure in the crankcase will be released through there. This in turn will keep the inside of your TB and manifold cleaner because with it hooked up it allows little amounts of oil to travel through there an get inside of the manifold. Plus it looks cleaner without that big hose running ontop of the valve cover and then into the TB.
Wow, thanks Litch! You tha man! Thats what I wanted to hear. So plug it off it will be. The grommet you see in the picture will either be a plug or for the breather.....one of the two, I havent decided where I want to put the breather just yet. THANK YOU!!!

Mighty Whitey is correct. it is there and it's a flat plug instead of a round one. The 93 Lt1 has a round one just like the TPI engines did. I got to looking at the picture and it does look like it's coverd, but it not.

Thanks alot guys, you have been so much help!

Joe

Old 07-04-2007, 10:55 AM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Looks good, nice clean Engine.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:07 AM
Staging Lane

thats on purrtty engine
Old 07-04-2007, 11:16 AM
Staging Lane

Hey thanks guys, I hope she runs as good as she looks.

Joe
Old 07-08-2007, 12:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

i know its ben a couple of days, been out of town. But yea man its now problem. And yea man just put a breather just like the one on the driver side and cap it off at the TB and you will be fine.