LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Fueling problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 12:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fueling problems

The POS left me sittin today in the hot sun. It was hard to start at first then it just died in the middle of the street. Went home to get the truck and pull it home and when we got back to it it started right up and ran fine so I headed home in it, ran great for about 20 minutes. Was thinking ICM at first.

Then getting off the interstate it died again. The AFR guage was going way lean then back to normal over and over. Sat there for a few minutes, it started right back up. Drove about 2 more miles and left me sittin again. Wouldnt start at all so I pulled it home.

When I got it home I hooked up the fuel pressure guage and started it up. It'll put out about 38 lbs for maybe a minute then drop to 15 lbs and stay there for about 30 seconds. Then it'll go back up to 38 lbs for a lil bit then drop back to 15 again. It did that for about 10 minutes over and over while I let it idle.

I'm gonna unhook a fuel line and jump the pump out and let it sit there and run into a bucket while I watch it. If it keeps the same steady stream then I need to check elsewhere, regulator maybe.

It's a walbro 255 that I just put in a couple months ago. I did run about 2 gallons of methanol thru it a couple days ago just to check for false knock with the blower setup. Don't know if that screwed the pump up or maybe just cleaned a bunch of gunk out and has stopped something up. I have ran lots of E85 thru it with no problem so I really don't think that's the prob. If it turns out to be the fuel pump I WILL be going with an inline pump. I hate taking out that damn gas tank.

Any suggestions?
Old 07-08-2007, 01:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So nobody has had any fueling problems like this??