LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

You ever get to that ONE point......

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 07:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default You ever get to that ONE point......

It just comes to much of a hassel trying to fix the dam car evey week or so and you just want to say good bye to it....

I keep having these fuel issues were it will run great for about a week and then want to die constantly for about a day... Every thing on the fuel system has been replaced with in the last year but it acts like it wants to die when you give it gas...

I've been thinking about selling it with the extra motor that i have been building over the last couple months but im not sure if i could get any were near what i want for the full set-up....
Old 07-17-2007, 07:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea latley i have had power steering pump issiues and a leak somewhere, it is really frustrating. but then i realize that a new car will only have new problems.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have a great understanding of your situation. I installed my h/c and 120 miles later broke the posi in my 10 bolt. Put a 9" with new DS and 200 miles later I snap the torque arm. Replace with an UMI tunnel mount ta w/dsl and about 150 miles later spin a lifter destroying the motor. Keep struggling or upgrade. Having another mode of transportation makes it alot easier as well.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:07 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by FlamingChicken
I have a great understanding of your situation. I installed my h/c and 120 miles later broke the posi in my 10 bolt. Put a 9" with new DS and 200 miles later I snap the torque arm. Replace with an UMI tunnel mount ta w/dsl and about 150 miles later spin a lifter destroying the motor. Keep struggling or upgrade. Having another mode of transportation makes it alot easier as well.
Damn thats exactly the same **** that has happened not in the same order but close. my clutch went out a month later I broke the rear end twice put a 9" in it with a after market torque arm setup. a week later the engine blew. rebuilt the engine went to the track and broke the after market torque arm, driveshaft and rear end yoke. replaced all that. 2 months later had a lifter spin, a block from my house and had to replace two lifters the spider and the cam. Now I'm having nitrous problems.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:11 PM
TECH Regular

you guys are having a little bigger problems than i am but mine is constant not running right and then running like a dream... I'm pretty sure the motor is gona go any time.. I just have that luck... I owe the bank 2700 still and want to get 4,500 out of it but dont think is to possible with the mileage i have on the stock bottom end of my motor and i dont want to throw in the motor i've been building since i have about 3500-4000 into it already... shout i just let this motor blow and drop in the other one or just let my baby go and get another one with less miles and start over and drop the motor in that???
Old 07-18-2007, 05:12 PM
TECH Regular

And i dont have another car and i live about 15 miles from work with no bus any were to be found....
Old 07-18-2007, 05:15 PM
TECH Regular

this makes me not want to mod. it's not so easy when you can't fix your own ****.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BsGreenZ
you guys are having a little bigger problems than i am but mine is constant not running right and then running like a dream... I'm pretty sure the motor is gona go any time.. I just have that luck... I owe the bank 2700 still and want to get 4,500 out of it but dont think is to possible with the mileage i have on the stock bottom end of my motor and i dont want to throw in the motor i've been building since i have about 3500-4000 into it already... shout i just let this motor blow and drop in the other one or just let my baby go and get another one with less miles and start over and drop the motor in that???
Keep it and rebuild. With LT1s it quickly gets to the point where you would not get just what you put in mods alone for the whole damn car if you were to sell. Its a hobby that you have to do because you love it, not to make money.

Your situation is a bit more complicated since you owe money on the car, but IMO I would finish paying it off asap then get a rebuild as soon as funds allow to start "fresh".

Maybe garage it for later if you cannot swing a rebuild - maybe eventually it will be a classic as the "almost last" generation camaro and worth something
Old 07-18-2007, 05:22 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Puck
With LT1s it quickly gets to the point where you would not get just what you put in mods alone for the whole damn car if you were to sell.
isn't that expected of all 16 year old cars?
Old 07-18-2007, 05:26 PM
12 Second Club

Im contemplating selling my damn car so I can pay off my truck, or get a used bike for a good price. I have a complete fuel system upgrade along with some other odds and ends that are just sitting under my bed. I've been trying to get my rockers adjusted but I dont have any time, and after that I need a new tranny. Im pretty sure after I get that fixed im gonna break the 10bolt on a nitrous pass. Im finding that these LT1 cars are starting to show their age, mines already 14yrs old.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by The Professor
isn't that expected of all 16 year old cars?
Most sane people dont dump 7-10 grand into non-collectable 14+ year old cars.
Old 07-18-2007, 05:31 PM
TECH Regular

i'm pretty sure if this motor doesnt break the 10 bolt the motor in the garage will.. lol... and i've been through my share of auto tranny's...

Quick Reply: You ever get to that ONE point......