LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

opti, opti, opti...oh what luck i have.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 10:30 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default opti, opti, opti...oh what luck i have.....

first off this is my first post here at ls1tech. ok, so i have been having a high rpm miss that keeps becoming more and more prevalent in the lower rpms(already changed wires plugs and coil)....i pulled my opti today...got it off in less than 1.5 hrs! well anyway there is a whole lot of play in the bearings....like i can feel it with my hands...im guessing somewhere around 1/8th of an inch of side to side play..however the inside of the opti was as clean as a whistle...so im guessind that this play in the bearings is what is causing my miss???? also just discovered another thing that could be leading to the problem..... and you know that metal plate that goes under the plastic plate in the vented opti? well mine didnt have that? could that also cause a misfire?
Old 07-22-2007, 09:58 PM
11 Second Club

Default wow not a

wow not a single reply....i wont be back on ls1tech again....
Old 07-22-2007, 11:34 PM
TECH Resident

dude lol go to camaroz28.com they have alot of ltx info on there and some people will reply on here also try searching.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:31 AM
Staging Lane

Green TA, sorry nobody cares, but the opti not working is kinda one of those subjects anyone with an LT1 is a little bored with. Yea, its one of the most advanced ignition devices out there (before the LS1s setup) but how reliable ya think it will be when you set it under the WATER PUMP!!!

The play you have is probably from the bearing on the cover. The shaft that drives the opti rides on the bering thats pressed into the cover that covers up all the crap on the engine. Replace that, along with your Opti and youll be good to go.

And as far as you not comming back to LS1 tech....... Bad idea. Some of the best info ive found was on this site. This is by far, the best place to be if you own a 93-02 Fbody. Period
Old 07-23-2007, 01:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by REBORN Z28
And as far as you not comming back to LS1 tech....... Bad idea. Some of the best info ive found was on this site. This is by far, the best place to be if you own a 93-02 Fbody. Period
Often imitated, never duplicated

Quick Reply: opti, opti, opti...oh what luck i have.....