LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Crane HI-6R woes. Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2007, 01:44 AM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Angry Crane HI-6R woes. Help!

I'm stumped here. Brand new box and not a PNP setup so I had to wire it up myself. Using coil part # 730-0491. Plugging straight into the coil the car fires up no problem. Hook the HI-6R up using adapter harness 6000-6708 and it doesn't do a thing. New error codes are stored are flashing on the box either. It has pwr while cranking too. I had to use this pdf file to print their instructions but I'm using figure 1 here http://www.cranecams.com/pdf/90006400a.pdf

I also used this pdf file figure since it seems to reflect the LT1 setups figure 5 http://www.cranecams.com/pdf/90006000d.pdf here. I'm freaking stumped and frustrated as I've been dealing w/ this issue since I bought it over a month ago. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!
Old 07-23-2007, 08:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

we might be having the same problem, I dont know..

ok- so your using thier coil right? and then once you use the 6000-6708 you get no spark?

See i bought a used box, wired it up, and used MSD's -box to LT1 coil harness instead of Cranes,- that shouldnt make a difference and i called Crane Tech Support and asked them about it. - I get power to the box and to the coil, but no spark.
If i hook it up back to stock- it works fine. I am using an MSD coil, so i got a stock one and put in- that didnt make a difference either. So i call Crane Tech support back and they say- well hook the coil back up and everything but pull the white wire out of the connector and use the side coming from the box- then put a spark tester on the coil wire and ground it. So i did, then they said - Now take the white wire from the box and tap it on the same thing you have the goil plug wire grounded to and it should spark, if not the box is bad.

So -i was just under the assumption the box is bad and i havent messed w/ it any more since..

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-modifications/732960-anyone-hooked-up-crane-cams-hi-6-ignition-lt1.html
Old 07-23-2007, 10:54 AM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Yep sounds like the same problem. Kinda pissed since it's a NEW box too. Yes I'm using their coil and the 6708 w/ no spark.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SRZ
Yep sounds like the same problem. Kinda pissed since it's a NEW box too. Yes I'm using their coil and the 6708 w/ no spark.

did you try tapping the white wire to ground w/ a spark checker hooked up?

Quick Reply: Crane HI-6R woes. Help!