LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

TPS Issue..

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2007, 01:02 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TPS Issue..

Well tested my TPS with my DVM and it showed about a 1.70 when close then when the throttle was open it was around 5.50. I tested these number directly off the prongs in the sensor itself.

I am throwing a SES code but don't have a scanner yet to see what code it is.I also have an idle problem that is high sometimes, other times normal etc...

Is there a way to adjust the TPS or do they have to be replaced?

Mike
Old 08-01-2007, 12:23 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BushyTea
Well tested my TPS with my DVM and it showed about a 1.70 when close then when the throttle was open it was around 5.50. I tested these number directly off the prongs in the sensor itself.

I am throwing a SES code but don't have a scanner yet to see what code it is.I also have an idle problem that is high sometimes, other times normal etc...

Is there a way to adjust the TPS or do they have to be replaced?

Mike
Go by AutoZone they'll scan it for free, write down the codes and get back on here. You can dremel the top bolt slot a tiny bit and slightly adjust it, re-voltmeter and set it accordingly by adjusting it.
Old 08-01-2007, 01:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I wonder if I might have an intermittent problem with this as well... How can you check it?
Old 08-01-2007, 02:14 PM
Teching In

Well I am also having an issue with my fans not coming on to cool it so until I get that fixed or the system bleed (if thats the issue) I am not close enough to an autozone to get them read but I am going to be getting a scanner soon.

Just don't like how the engine is at high idle almost all the time and on startup at times hits 2k rpms which cant be good for it and the only issue I have found so far is that the TPS beginning position is around 1.70.

Mike
Old 08-01-2007, 04:20 PM
On The Tree

Did you forget the TPS report? Ummm yeeeaaahhh.......
Sorry I couldnt resist. Good luck with that for real
Old 08-01-2007, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

you can loosen up the TPS and adjust it a little bit. However, if you can't adjust it anymore, widen out the hole very slightly and adjust further until you have it perfect.

Quick Reply: TPS Issue..