LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Timing cover wont go on, tips needed!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2007, 08:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Timing cover wont go on, tips needed!

Well the cam is in and its tim eto put the timing cover back on. im unable to get the thing back on. i did it like shbox ( without dropping the oil pan and just making sure to NOT rip the oil pan gasket ) and now im unable to get the stupid lil ***** back on there.....the gasket is too fat. Now that i have RTV everywhere i decided to stop for the day. Any tips for getting the timing chain cover back on?
Old 08-05-2007, 08:48 PM
TECH Apprentice

OH MANN!! I feel for you! I'm doing the same thing right now and I finally had to drop the pan today What a F#@&ing bitch it was! Now I'm on my way to install the pan with a new gasket.. You might have to do the same thing?? Have fun!
Old 08-05-2007, 10:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

if it comes to it then it does. i got a full gasket set so i've got gaskets. its just the rear main seal i'd be worried about. i'd rather find a solution to my r\problem though. i know shbox can do it.
Old 08-05-2007, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

nvm..i just read shbox's guide. you have to loosen the oil pan enough for the fron to drop. somehow i managed to take the cover off without lossening the pan...man im good. lol i guess thats the first thing im be doing in the morning...i was frustrated this afternoon cause i wasnt execting to have to remove the pan bolts...man this sucks *****...o well!