LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

More engine swap problems w/ video

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 02:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default More engine swap problems w/ video

Ok after i found out my timing chain was off i went in and lined up the marks, put it all back together and now it wont start. It even started when the timing was off so im pretty sure it has to do with the opti, waterpump, vaccum area. It acts like the battery is dying but it is at 100%. The lights fliker and its cuts in and out of the starter. Is this a bad ground or what?

Video:
sorry its a bad video...
Old 08-07-2007, 11:42 AM

Sounds like you've got a bad starter. Not a bendix problem though. sounds like connection on the inside. try turning the key a couple times, then check your terminals and see if they get hot. That might tell you if it is the starter. If you think it is then have a buddy crank it and get under there and tap it with a hammer. That will sometimes jar a connection up. Needless to say if it ends up starting then you might as well get a new one.
Old 08-07-2007, 11:47 AM

Now that I watched that video (that I didn't know was a video lol ) It could quite possibly be the bendix because it sounds like the starter is cranking just not turning the flywheel.