LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Exhaust Cackle question

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 05:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Exhaust Cackle question

Alright this weekend i'm going to go into our muffler shop after hours and do some work to my exhaust cuz i hate the sound of my car now... its a 94 formula, and the last owner or the one before him just replaced the stock muffler for a hooker muffler, and kept the 2.5'' piping all the way through...its also a single cat and i think the cat is pretty well shot but not sure... but anyway.. if i can get ahold of some 3'' piping before the weekend, would the best place to put the 3'' be just after the cat to the muffler? i know that the y pipe on these cars stock isnt the greatest and will prob. be the biggest help besides headers so far to fix the restriction problem, but i am basically doing this the cheap way before i get some money to get headers and possible TD's.... any suggestions on what to do?
also, i am getting rid of the tips that are on there now and putting some oval smoked chrome tips on it... my friend had them on his GTO and switched his bumper to the 05/06 bumper, so he just gave these to me... ill put up pics of the tips and my car now

thanks in advance

oh and basically the reason i want to change my exhaust now is because it is raspy like crazy over 3000 rpms...
Old 10-10-2007, 05:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default pics

heres the pics of now and the tips im gonna put on
Attached Thumbnails Exhaust Cackle question-1010071827.jpg   Exhaust Cackle question-1010071827a.jpg   Exhaust Cackle question-tips-now.jpg   Exhaust Cackle question-tipsnow2.jpg  

Quick Reply: Exhaust Cackle question