LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Valvetrain Noise...EOS replacement??

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 04:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Valvetrain Noise...EOS replacement??

I have a constant ticking (speeds up and slows down according to engine speed) that is coming from one of my cylinders. It is always there and it doesnt matter if the engine is warm or cold. I think it is either a lifter or more likley a rocker. I was told by someone I know to use some of GM's EOS and that should clear it up. However since GM discontinued EOS none of the dealers around me / stores have any of it left. What would you guys recommend for me to use in place of it in order to clear up this annoying ticking? I am running Mobil 1 oil with a K&N filter and have no oil leaks and good oil pressure. 94k miles.

Suggestions? I want to try an additive to see if it fixes it prior to pulling the valve cover and manually going through the hassle of trying to fix it.
Old 10-14-2007, 05:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont know that EOS would help. All it has is zinc and phosphates to aid in lube, often times its used as assembly lube or with flat tappet cams. However if you want to try it just dump a bottle of COMP Cams cam lube in the oil, its basically the same stuff.

Quick Reply: Valvetrain Noise...EOS replacement??