LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Another Induction Question.

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2007, 08:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Another Induction Question.

I have been doing some searches on the LT1 forums about the Ram Air vs CAI. I know the facts are they may not actually help that much, but I still want an airbox. I've got the functional hood, so I want the functional induction.

I currently have a Trickflow Elbow and SLP Cold Air. I am having trouble finding the airboxes for these things and not paying $300+. Are there any cheaper ones out that that I am missing? Anyone have a used one for sale? I also figure when I sell the elbow and CAI, I would make up a lot of that money. I also would consider a trade if someone wants to convert to CAI or something..

I believe my hood is not a factory-made hood, but I am unsure of the MFG of it. With this hood, what will prevent water from getting into my filter badly in the rain. It doesn't look like it's THAT effective at keeping water and other crap out. Here are some pics of the nostrils. I plan on getting some nostril grills too eventually.

Old 10-16-2007, 11:07 PM
TECH Junkie

anyone?
Old 10-22-2007, 10:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Bump. still hoping for some input. It's pouring down rain right now. I don't like driving in rain because of this hood.. I need some ideas

Quick Reply: Another Induction Question.