LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Quick Help Please

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 02:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Quick Help Please

I'm flushing out my coolant system and the coolant drain plug on the drivers side is next to impossible to get to w./ the stock cat in the way. Since I'm flushing my system can I just leave it in and itll flush the coolant out somewhere else?
Old 10-28-2007, 02:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well the first time I tried to flush it I could uncap the block (what you are talking about, so I put the flush stuff in and ran it like I was supposed to then I drained the radiator and filled it with water and ran it after the Tstat open for a while then drained it and filled it with water and I kept doing that till it seemed like just water was coming out, then fillied it with coolant, I dont know if Id recommend that or not

The second time I managed to get it out and did the flush with just one go round.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

I drained the radiator and took out the tstat and the knock sensor and the only other thing to take off is the drain plug and i cant get to it for the life of me
Old 10-28-2007, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yah thats the one I couldnt get to the first time, took me alot of work the second time but I managed, I also have LTs so Im sure that maked a difference, plus I have a lift, heldped a little.

Quick Reply: Quick Help Please