LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

cutout situation

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2007, 11:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cutout situation

ok this might sounds retarded so bare with me lol. Not too long ago I installed pacesetter ceramic coated LT headers with the ORY y pipe to my borla. That sounds beautiful, but here's my situation.

I am not used to driving with a cutout open, so if I am wrong or just not used to it please let me know.

The one time I had it open going down the street it just didn't sound right, or like the other people I hear at the dragstrip. I think I installed it a little to far up but that shouldn't make a difference in power. I mean I'm talking not even a half of a foot from where it should be.

It's right under the passenger side but people tell me I should have put it a little bit back so that it went up in that indentation in the floor boards. Would have made for a little more ground clearance to.

When I drive down the street I can feel the vibration and it's very deep in sound, loud as hell obviously but I can feel the vibrations. Is this right? Is it different to because I have a stock cam in the car don't know if the stock cam has anything to do with it. It's just that when I hear other LT1s with just bolt ons and a cutout go down the track it didn't sound the same as my car. Maybe it's because I'm inside the car versus from an outside perspective, idk but this has stopped me from using it so far.
Old 11-11-2007, 01:36 AM
Launching!

Get a friend to drive your car down the street, you stay out and hear it and its all up to you if you like the sound! I have mine where the ory ends. I think it sounds good. Dont think cam has anything to do with it.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:39 PM
TECH Resident

i have mine replacing the cat 94 single cat car and i think it sounds awsome

Quick Reply: cutout situation