TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 383 stroker? good kit?

Is this a good kit
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BUDGE...spagenameZWDVW
Old 11-11-2007, 08:54 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Power is NOT about cubes it is about airflow and from the description those heads wont support the flow necessary to make a stroker actually worthwhile.

Problems I see with the add are things like offering a HOT cam in a stroker, I don't think anyone truely knowedgale would do that. Roller tipped rockers are complete crap, roller tips even on good rockers are going to slide more than roll, roller fulcrums are what are necessary as the ***** on stamped rockers can gall and overheat with high spring pressure and rpms on the street.
He never even bothers to mention compression.
Stock pushrods, why, not that they are bad but that tells me he probably isn't checking proper geometry and is just throwing 7.200 at it, and you should be upgrading pushrods anyway.

Gasket matching sounds good but if the middle of the port ends up larger than the plenum end of the intake port and the pushrod pinch the flow is going to repeatedly change speeds which is lost energy.

I am sure those who bought this package are happy, but are happy only because they are too ignorant to know what a stroker should really perfom like. I am sure this kit will outperform a stock LT1 and that a good heads/cam LT1 will outperform this stroker.

Eagle is pretty budget stuff, not that it outright breaks but their balance is usually poor(guessing he is using their balance as he doesn't say he does it) and the budget rods can go out of round because they are not stress relieved before machining. Both of which lead to early bearing failure without massive obvious hard parts failure.

Been playing with my Caprice over 7 years and the most important lesson I have learned is to shop for VALUE because shopping on price alone usually costs more than using quality parts.
Old 11-11-2007, 03:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

once again 96capricemgr has made a very good point!
Attention To Detail Is The Only Solution

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 383 stroker? good kit?