LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

ltx shootout questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 12:04 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ltx shootout questions

I had a few question about the ltx shoot out and i email the people but never got a response so maybe someone on here will know.

I plan on being the in the Ltx extreme street and was wondering what the turbo size limit is, and are pete z bars allowed?

If anyone knows its would be extremely helpful
Old 12-05-2007, 12:13 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hmm. good question on the turbo. I am pretty sure Pete Z bars are good .

TONY where are you!
Old 12-05-2007, 08:37 AM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I remember getting that email. I thought I replied to it. Sorry about that.

Since I do not know much about turbo setups you need to give SSANDTA a PM. He will be able to answer you.

Thanks

Tony Shepherd
Old 12-05-2007, 12:09 PM
Staging Lane

Sorry I have been away from the interweb for a month You can have a turbo as big as my head if it will fit No twins though! The real restrictions in this class are stock intake and stock PCM. Not many going fast with stock PCM and a turbo just make sure you fit into all the other rules and its ok by me.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:17 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well then there is your answer.

Thanks Jeff,

Welcome back.

Tony
Old 12-05-2007, 04:42 PM
On The Tree

what about the pete z bars?
Old 12-05-2007, 07:36 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Matt97Ta
what about the pete z bars?
Well thats not stock style suspension so I would have to say no to that one. You could hook your TQ arm back up and remove those.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:33 PM
10 Second Club

Sounds like he might be a better fit in H/U P/A?

Turbo's will always rule LOL!
Old 12-06-2007, 09:16 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SSANDTA
Sorry I have been away from the interweb for a month You can have a turbo as big as my head if it will fit No twins though! The real restrictions in this class are stock intake and stock PCM. Not many going fast with stock PCM and a turbo just make sure you fit into all the other rules and its ok by me.
Why no twins?

I don't get the extreme street rules. My car is just as much of a street car as it was when it was stock (daily driven, and I made 3 road trips this summer in it). but I've got the stock pcm piggybacked, and with twin turbos that means i'm out for this class?

Also, in other classes, like the power adder H/U, Why can I run a single and not twins? There is no power advantage, it was just easier to deal with two smaller turbos rather than one big single!

I've already signed up, but I want to run more classes than just outlaw.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:29 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by will62085
Why no twins?

I don't get the extreme street rules. My car is just as much of a street car as it was when it was stock (daily driven, and I made 3 road trips this summer in it). but I've got the stock pcm piggybacked, and with twin turbos that means i'm out for this class?

Also, in other classes, like the power adder H/U, Why can I run a single and not twins? There is no power advantage, it was just easier to deal with two smaller turbos rather than one big single!

I've already signed up, but I want to run more classes than just outlaw.
The Mega and the Twins definately put you out of the other classes. You can run the E/T class to go with it.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:55 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
The Mega and the Twins definately put you out of the other classes. You can run the E/T class to go with it.
I'm not trying to argue, I understand completely why the rules are they way they are. I was just curious why twins were being picked on?

Well, as long as I am good to run the 6-speed class i'm happy!!
Old 12-06-2007, 02:00 PM
Staging Lane

twins are picked on in all racing series they are just to hard to regulate. But in your case you were already out of this class because of the mega squirt. I never thought anybody out there had twins and the stock PCM or a big single for that matter. But after thinking about it if any size single and stock PCM is good then twins and stock PCM are good also. I will personnally inspect any turbo car in this class to make sure you are truly running the stock PCM for engine managment. I don't advise anybody to try a stock PCM and turbo combo it is not easy to get right and usually ends up withan explosion of some sort
Old 12-06-2007, 02:27 PM
TECH Regular

twins are picked on in all racing series they are just to hard to regulate. But in your case you were already out of this class because of the mega squirt. I never thought anybody out there had twins and the stock PCM or a big single for that matter. But after thinking about it if any size single and stock PCM is good then twins and stock PCM are good also. I will personnally inspect any turbo car in this class to make sure you are truly running the stock PCM for engine managment. I don't advise anybody to try a stock PCM and turbo combo it is not easy to get right and usually ends up withan explosion of some sort
So does that mean im good to go for the 6 speed class (with the weight penality for aftermarket efi)? What about P/A H/U? Im not sure if I wanna run three classes, but may depending on the turnout.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:19 PM
On The Tree

not when ed wright is right down the street!!!
Old 02-11-2008, 04:41 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I sold my megasquirt to run in the extreme street class, I'll be on the stock pcm and hopefully running decent numbers. 2 bar tune will help a lot though!
Old 02-11-2008, 10:44 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by skinnies
I sold my megasquirt to run in the extreme street class, I'll be on the stock pcm and hopefully running decent numbers. 2 bar tune will help a lot though!
They finally get the two bar thing figured out?
Old 02-11-2008, 11:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
They finally get the two bar thing figured out?
Who is they? I think Justin is just gonna do it himself I think.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:29 PM
10 Second Club

A few others have done it and I plan on doing the swap to 2 bar also. I have a trick I use to trick the pcm for anything over 2 bar also, so I can run 18-20lbs.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:59 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by skinnies
A few others have done it and I plan on doing the swap to 2 bar also. I have a trick I use to trick the pcm for anything over 2 bar also, so I can run 18-20lbs.

I have not been on the list for a while. So I take it they finally got the issues solved was the main question

Good luck man!
Old 02-11-2008, 02:13 PM
10 Second Club

Yep, will make it much nicer than the maf setup. I ran my maf setup, then added fuel via PE and my other trick, to allow me to run two different boost settings before. The 2 bar will be MUCH cleaner though I think.

Quick Reply: ltx shootout questions