LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

how do u get the headliner out of a hard top car?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 10:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how do u get the headliner out of a hard top car?

how do u get the headliner out of a hard top car? the thing is sagging and i wanna pull the fabric off and restick is somehow....but i dont know how to remove it. thanks guys
Old 12-14-2007, 10:10 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pull off your A-pillars. (They just pop off) Then theres two little hooks in the back seat above the speakers. The have a little square tab looking deal that needs to come out. (I used a screw driver) Unscrew your sun visors too. The seatbelts slide through a slit in the headliner. (Youll see when you get to that point.) Unscrew your light in the backseat too. I believe thats it off the top of my head? I did it the other day but I cant remember exactly. Then you just have to wiggle it out....I did it out the back hatch, I dont think its possible through a door. Hope that helps.
Old 12-14-2007, 10:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank alot red.... can u just pull off the old fabric and re glue it? anyone done it? or should i change the fabric
Old 12-14-2007, 01:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I did mine, I peeled mine off really slow and it came off without ripping. I got some 3m adhesive glue (spray can) from walmart. Mine didnt turn out like i hoped though...honestly Id take it somewhere to get it resprayed...it cost like 30 or 40 if all he has to do is spray it on and it will look professional. Mines got wrinkles and junk all in it

Quick Reply: how do u get the headliner out of a hard top car?