LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Turbo and cam ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 11:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Turbo and cam ?

ok well i threw a rod through the block so i am getting a stock let.......i want to put a nice cam in in for my turbo that still is loppy but i dont want to change anything because i am on a tight budget.....im a senior in high school......can i go bigger thatn the hot cam???? i just need it cheap
Old 01-18-2008, 11:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

I will tell you right now, turbos are NOT cheap and the minute they are they **** everything up. Just a little warning about that.

Now, a hot cam would work but why? Just stick with a stock cam. Put a stock motor in it and drive it until you have built a short block and a good turbo setup and then put it all in at once. I say that because it sounds like this might be your only mode of transportation.

On the flip side, I am going turbo with a cc306 in my car. For an off the shelf grind, you don't get a whole lot "choppier" than that. However when I build my engine, I will be running either a custom spec cam or my LPE219 cam.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 93blacktransam
ok well i threw a rod through the block so i am getting a stock let.......i want to put a nice cam in in for my turbo that still is loppy but i dont want to change anything because i am on a tight budget.....im a senior in high school......can i go bigger thatn the hot cam???? i just need it cheap
What makes you think bigger? I'd go with a custom grind cam for your turbo set up.