LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Volt Draw issue

Old 01-19-2008, 04:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Volt Draw issue

Alright, well I have a new Alt, New battery, new wires and a new opti, heres my issue I'm having, upon start up it reads around 14 volts liek it norm would, but after a bit of driving,(about 160* on the temp gauge andfans kick on) it'll start to slowly drop volts sometimes as low as 9 volts but usually chills at 10-13 volts.....I was thinking it was a crap battery (which I'm replacing with an Optima in the next few weeks anyways) just find it odd that it onys looses volts during optimum temp, it's also occasionally hard as hell to start some mornings, lit just turns over like it's not getting spark or fuel, and since it has new Plugs,wires, and opti I was thinking the Coil is finally going, cause I hear the fuel pump kick on briefly............Just to the point where I'm kinda tired of fkin with it and wish to enjoy the damn car in this nice cool weather
Old 01-20-2008, 06:11 PM
On The Tree

are the battery cables corroaded at all?
Old 01-20-2008, 09:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

nope, I think it's my ICM, now im having the same exsact issue all the others had when their ICM went bad, **** won't start now, turn the key and______nothing happens, wait a min and it'll start to crank, not to mention my ICM somehow got wet...

Search this Thread