LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

SRP vs JE for YSI vortech?

Old 03-31-2008, 10:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SRP vs JE for YSI vortech?

ok i know that SRP is JEs cheaper brand basicly and they are a great piston cause i have used them before plus i have never heard anyone say anything but good things about SRP.... but i am adding about 200-300 more horse power moving up to the YSI from vortech and want to make sure i have a piston that can do the job and then some for security....... i asked a few guys what they thought of a new rotating assembly as i was possibly gonna use the forged 4340 eagle crank, they are advertised at 1,000 hp and i assume thats at the flywheel and either SRP or JE for the pistons..... if JE is even a tiny bit better i will use them cause i have also heard SRP have slightly more silocone content compaired to the JE stuff and if a few hundred more dollars will give me a better piston i will use JE...... but at the same time if SRP will get me where i want to be with their forged style piston why get the JE if all it has is a better name, plus they make SRP anyways....... so if anyone has any opinions on any new stuff as well i would appriciate it cause i want to make sure to build this motor as bullet proof as i can on a medium budget..... that dont mean best of the best cause im gonna be running a good amount of power but nothing over 1,000 at the flywheel so im sure this motor wont need a $2,000 crank or anything..... jake

Last edited by bluebeast; 03-31-2008 at 10:53 AM.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:02 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you plan on making more than 600rwhp the SRP's will not hold up. I have two melted sets of SRP's at home. Get the JE's. The SRP's can not hold up to a lot of cylinder pressure.
Old 03-31-2008, 01:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

cool, thats what i was kinda wondering.... the SRPs that i have now help up fine but i never went over 550rwhp so i guess thats about as much as you want to run on them..... then if you had your choice from CP, diamond, and JE what would you use and why? then im trying to figure out what crank i want to use....eitehr the lunati 4340 sledgehammer, the dragon slayer or the forged scat crank, or the eagle 4340.... the scat and eagle are both around $650 and the lunatis and ect are around $850ish.....of course i am gonna use the H beam rods with ARP 2,000s for bolts...... i just need a lil help getting some different opinions on forced induction higher end parts to make sure this is done right the first time.... thanks for all info!
Old 03-31-2008, 04:24 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have SRP's in my Blower motor..........well over 1000hp
Old 03-31-2008, 10:08 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Z8'S
I have SRP's in my Blower motor..........well over 1000hp
Your lying Chris!
Old 04-01-2008, 10:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

another thing is a crank..... i have a basic eagle crank now but am gonna possbily use the lunati sledge hammer or the eagle 4340 forged...... what you guys think about the cranks? the guys are giving me info i greatly appriciate..... im not a BSer i am actually building a big motor to hold up to this bigger blower i am using.... i know some guys just ask things just to ask them to make up conversation and most guys dont want to waste their time answering...... so this info is being put to good use! just letting ya know... jake
Old 04-03-2008, 04:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

is there anymore guys who might have some opinions or info on good parts for an LT1 blower motor?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SRP vs JE for YSI vortech?